Where do you see the world 100 years from now?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SoothingSynesthesia, Oct 4, 2012.

1. The same? War? Better? Worse? The end? A new beginning?

2. Morally decaying, slightly more technologically advanced and possibly engaged in full out global war..

I am just glad I will be old and gray long before I have to see what becomes of this miserable planet :p

3. #3 PeruvianDank, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    Hopefully, here:

[​IMG]

But most likely, here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Haha if only the first pic^

5. [​IMG]

i'm not even kidding

6. Hmm... interesting question for one to ponder whilst one is baked. I say that the world is gonna run out of resources for humans eventually. Ever see the movie soylent green? Or how about logans run? I dont know when it will happen but its gonna happen.

7. Probably about the same place. Far more technologically advanced but besides that, there will still be some war that everyone bitches about, everyone is still gonna be constantly freaking out about the government, basically the same its been in the past. When in reality its not as bad as everyone tries to make it seem. Like always.

8. 100 years from now I see all of us living in complete harmony with the planet and all the inhabitants. I see our species starting to space colonize. I see free energy, anti gravity cars, and legalized cannabis. I see a world were everyone and everything has there basic necessities met to live a prosperous and harmonious life.

9. thanks for keeping it positive my friend I can really feel that^^^^^^^^^

10. I think the world will be some what like it is today. Technology will have greatly increased, but I think they'll have the same type of problems we have today just exponentially larger.
    Eventually 3rd world countries populations will start to level out as they develop, but the world will still have a population crisis and problem. Even if we some how stuck at lets say 10 billion people on the world with with next to no birth rate/stagnant birthrate... that's still 10 billion people. And most likely in a hundred years there will be a lot more than 10 billion people.
    With that big of a population there will be population problems, pollution problems, environmental problems, food shortages, resource shortages. Technology might/most likely will curb some of these problems, or keep them in check, but they will still be problems. In a hundred years we'll probably have colonized mars to some extent... and be doing deep space mining for resources.

I think the world will probably be a lot more liberal, gay marraige will be more common through out the world, perhaps other liberal lifestyles will develop.

11. on the path we are now? extreme rich vs poor divide with no middle class. or hopefully there will be a global communist revolution in which case...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Would be boss^

13. Scary to think about.

14. I see it as devoid of any human life at all.

Maybe a few scattered groups of survivors here and there.

15. #15 rusty bob, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
    i think humanity left to its own devices will prosper.

The problem as i see it is an unsustainable mode of living. There's quite a few examples in history where if a society ran out of resources it would collapse. What will happen as resources grow more scarce, that's what i wonder.

16. One of the worst abilities humans have is the ability to predict the near-future.

Based on that... NONE of the things in this thread. Even those that are mutually exclusive.

17. I disagree. We constantly shape our present and future and that allow us to have a relative idea of what is coming. Of course, nothing is 100% correct but nothing is 100% wrong either.

18. :rolleyes:
    By what standards are morals examined?

People have been saying the world will not last another 100 years since the days of ancient Greece. So far every one of them has been incorrect.

19. Engulfed in fire and nuclear fallout

20. I agree with this, and thats the reason why i have been training myself for the nuclear fallout by playing fallout 3 and fallout nv.