Where do you hang out to meet like minded people who like to smoke!

Discussion in 'General' started by bigjay000, Jan 12, 2012.

1. #1 bigjay000, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    Hello,

I'm new to this form member wise but have been lurking here for years. I'm in my early 40's no kids from a first marriage "thank god":D and happly live with my fiancee' of 6 years in New Jersey. She's cool with that until or if we want kids! Anyway, where do you guys hang out to chill. Last week for example we went to Rutgers/New Brunswick bars and the scene was way to young and annoying for my tastes. Been there done that 25 years ago! Wow, time sure flys!:eek:

I'm not a Hippy type by any means but it seems that type of crowd suits me more than a biker type or heavy metal type individual. It's funny, we have a Trader Joes down here in Princeton that seems like the whole place are big time smokers but feel silly asking any of them face to face where do people like you hang out after work. Part of my problem is that most of the people we know are the Cavier and Champagne type.:eek: Heck, It's been dry for me for quite a while so I got into wine which has put 50 lbs on me which sucks so I'm finished with that idea!

We both have started eating an extra clean diet and have been going to the small type of Organic produce places which also seem to be filled with the same people who work at Trader Joes.

Unfortunately, I would never ask somebody at their work place anything that would make them feel like I'm asking for drugs. I'm thinking about going to a Gratetful Dead cover band tomo but it's pretty far away and I think I might feel like a total tool considering I look nothing like a Dead Head, but I do like their music I suppose.

I'm not really a sports guy so those type of bars seem strange to me. I love to fish on my off time, not really worried about what some Millionaire sports figure is doing to make millions while I sit and watch him make even more. :eek:

Does anyone have any good ideas? Maybe a local pool hall or such?

Thanks for your input!:wave:

2. Become a freemason. I'm just kidding dont do that. uhhh. maybe kayak club? if you fish. community gardens, kayak club, volunteer for some wildlife restoration project,

3. Could help a little but live more North than you do. Its hard to find like minded peeps like us out here in yerzy but we out here. Im about 20 years younger but going to local shows is cool to meet people. Become a regular at trader joes and people will recognize you. Theres cool people there for the most part. Dont worry about being a tool for not fitting a part just do what you do bretheren

4. Old pointless thread is both old and pointless.