Where do you buy your protein/supplements?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by BlueTang, May 29, 2012.

1. So, im not really happy about spending 90-100 bucks every 1.5 months on big tubs of whey and casein. I know that GNC overprices, and that online stores can sell in bulk at cheaper rates. Also ready to start purchasing a cheap creatine. So, what are some reliable, economical, and worthwhile sites for me to check out? Thanks in advance

2. Dude just switch to a steak and chicken diet, you will see some serious gains. Or do both ;]

3. I use powders in addition to a healthy diet, I get probably 70 percent of my daily protein if not more from real food. I eat plenty of meat, dont worry.

4. My place is called Nutrition Fortress and its right next to my gym, which is really convenient. Any of them should have what you're looking for though.

5. The store on bodybuilding.com is where I get my stuff. Great prices too, always the same price as other stores or a couple dollars less

6. you dont need any of that shit. just lift and eat. people were strong as fuck before whey protein ever existed. dont fall for cheap marketing schemes. the industry is built on a bunch of lies

7. [quote name='"Cold Beahs"']you dont need any of that shit. just lift and eat. people were strong as fuck before whey protein ever existed. dont fall for cheap marketing schemes. the industry is built on a bunch of lies[/quote]

Yeah ur right about people being strong and what before these supps but what's wrong with whey protein?

8. [quote name='"Cold Beahs"']you dont need any of that shit. just lift and eat. people were strong as fuck before whey protein ever existed. dont fall for cheap marketing schemes. the industry is built on a bunch of lies[/quote]

I'm pretty sure there were't people with the physique of some of today's body builders a hundred plus years ago.

Whey is from milk; it's not like it was created in a lab.

9. im getting close to my second year of working out, and i havent bought whey protein since Christmas of 2010. im still growing and getting stronger every time i workout. the people that are telling you that you need all this protein to get big are the same people that are selling you the shit.

its almost impossible to get the amount of protein they claim you need without a protein shake.

i would need to eat 32 oz of chicken to meat my "protein requirements" every day. thats unrealistic if you ask me.

you can get jacked as fuck without whey protein. you might not be able to get body builder big, but you can definitely fill out your body with solid muscle.

im 5'8 170. when i get my legs back in shape i should be around 180 (my legs used to be tree trunks before eating disorder). i have like 15% body fat.

just my two cents. also, bodybuilding.com is a supplement store. dont think for a second that they arent pushing their agenda through the forums. anybody who disagrees gets bad rep.

give yourself more credit. its not the protein that is making you big, its the hard work and dieting that you are doing.