Where do I start???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4EvaThrowed, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Hey guys I decided I wanna start growing indoors basically to stop spending money on something that's naturally attainable and to save money.I live with my parents but they aren't noisy and give me privacy.Do you think they would notice me growing in my room?What are all the items I will need and how much will I have to spend?What type of seeds should i start off wit?Right now I think im a grow for personal use or to sell to friends.I have very little money but a recently rekindled love of weed after years of hiatus.I went from not wanting to smoke weed ever again to trying after years.And gettin one of the best high.To smoking every once in a blue moon and till recently blazing up everyday sometimes twice a day.Im noticing my high's are gettin weaker too I remember like a month or two ago I would be high off like 3 pulls.Know I need almost a whole fuckin joint to get high.But NVM that let me get back to topic any help with growing would be appreciated thanx.

2. Hey man I'm going to be straight with you. It would be a really bad idea to start growing in your parents place without letting them know.

If you're still at home I'm going to assume you're probably still a minor, which means that your parents could probably get into some serious shit if you get caught.

Also, its going to be REALLY hard to keep that stink concealed at a cheap price(I'm assuming you don't have a lot of monetary income with the whole parent situation). I mean, you could do a bunch of DIY stuff and it would down on costs, but in some situations (such as yours) why try and cut some corners if you really can't risk anything?

3. I hate to say it, but he's right. I helped a buddy of mine with a grow op based in his bedroom located in the basement of his parents house, and it definitely didn't end well. The crop was nothing to sneeze at, and the hassle involved wasn't worth the trouble caused by it.

It's best to just hold a grow op off until you have your own home, man.

4. Naw im not a minor im 19 my parents know I smoke weed and they have nothing against weed.They think it's fine they know how weed is and know there are many worst things than that.I am tight on money and I won't be growin that much anyway im growing just for personal use.Im just tired of goin dry and spending 20 dollars every other day.I think if they found out they wouldn't care.Isn't there a inexpensive way to make a grow box and mask the scent of the plant.

5. Well def do a stealth grow. Something like a cabinet... If you keep it small you should be able to maintain a neutral oder with some ONA gel. Try checking out some stealth grows online get some ideas and then use your creativity to build a sick ass stealth grow.

Its what I did :smoking::smoking:

6. your still avoiding the main entire reason, don't grow in your parent's house without their consent, wtf is wrong with you.

not meaning to bash, but thats just disrespect to your mom and dad.

7. Thanx man im a try the stealth grow do you know where to buy the seeds and what type of seeds I should use.Is growing hard and how much did you yield and was your weed as good as your dealers.

8. Yes your parents will notice you growing weed in your room. If the smell doesn't tip them off then the power bill spikes will. Wait until you have your own place man.
    If you don't think they will care, why don't you ask them first????

9. Dude I asked them and they said 2 or 3 plants and that's it and to keep it under wraps.I have a black metal 2 door file cabinet.Do you think that's efficient to grow some personal bud.And what type of seeds should I start with I been bored for a min and this seems like a good project to take on.And so I can stop makin other people rich and concetrate more on munchie money.Is it easy to setup and how much am I lookin to spend.

10. It's a trial and error process. You're gonna spend some money to do it right probably 300 bucks and thats a low end figure.

Cost will depend on lighting, growing medium, nutes, reflective material, fans, filter/ona gel, size of the grow, etc. These are all things you need to consider before you plant your first seed.

11. To answer the title of your post.. Where do I start??? Start by reading all the stickys. 95% of all your questions you have have been answered in posts. I personally having been reading GC for a couple months now.......on a daily basis.....an average of 4 hours a day. This site is a wealth of knowledge if you are willing to put in a little effort to learn it. Just use the search for all your questions. Good luck on your grow:smoking:

12. Its research time! Don't get started until you feel absolutely comfortable with your plan, setup, and plant knowledge. GC is a really really good place for information. Read up on grow journals and stickies.

Don't worry, it sounds tedious... but you get to read and research about MJ. I promise you it isn't a chore.

Good luck!

13. Yeah I'd say $300 is the minimum someone should spend on a setup, otherwise their grow will suck. It's actually about what I spent give or take $50.

Watch this video series for an idea of what this will require:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_e0tBM6rE&mode=related&search=]YouTube - Ready-Set-Grow Part 1of 7 UPDATED[/ame]