Where do I stand?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Shutdown, May 3, 2013.

1. Let me preface this by saying I dated my ex girlfriend for two years before foolishly ending things with her right before the New Year due to petty reasons. I drowned out my emotions by drinking or smoking pretty much every day of my winter break since I had nothing else I had to do. Came back to university the end of January and that's when I "sobered" up (stopped smoking and mostly drinking to concentrate on school). After this I realized my head was in the wrong spot the whole time and tried to make it up to her. However a month had passed and she had moved onto someone else.

I tried my best to convey my feelings to her on three separate occasions but she was happy in her new relationship so each time I wished her the best though deep down I wished it would end that day. As time passed I struggled with how stupid I could have been but at the same time how could someone I love move on so quickly. I came to understand that each person must deal with their pain in a separate way, there is no uniform coping.

When she had broken this news to me I was crushed but I knew life would have to go on. I thought about her every day like nothing had changed between us, because of this I asked her to delete and block me on all social media outlets that we were on together.

Anyway Monday morning at say 1:30 I gained a new follower on Twitter, her. I tried not to think too much of it but followed her back the next morning. Tuesday goes by we each favorite something of each others but that's it. Now comes Wednesday, I had just gotten out of class and was heading to meet a friend to eat on campus, when I get a text from her.

The first text/her reason for texting me was really trivial (just to tell me something that had happened last semester she saw again over the weekend). The conversation continues and eventually she tells me she had gotten broken up with 2 weeks ago. I responded with how I was sorry that happened to her and if she was okay or wanted to talk about anything, just trying to be supportive. We ended up texting for about 2 hours when she posted on Twitter asking if someone would take her to Chipotle (One of our favorite places to eat when we were together). I waited about 20 minutes, said screw it, and offered to her if she'd like to go. To my surprise she accepted and I picked her up. We talked pretty much non stop from when I picked her up until I dropped her back off. I haven't talked to her since but all my support (friends/family) have told me baby steps and not to rush things so I'm giving her space.

I apologize for the wall of text but I feel that the context is necessary for a proper response. I guess my question is am I being overly optimistic about things or is there a chance that things are slowly starting to come together?

2. It does kinda sound like she wants you back as well but I dont think its a definite. I would text again and ask to go out again- wherever from the cinema to dinner to a smoking sesh and see where it goes from there. Just try not to fall into the 'friends' category- but this wouldnt be that hard considering you've already dated her. I don't know if you have but you could apologise for breaking up with her and just tell her the truth- say it was for petty reasons and looking back on it it was stupid.

3. There's a chance that things might slowly come together,otherwise, she wouldnt be talking to you. Unless she's just using you as a crutch to get over the other dude, but if they weren't together too long, then she's probably won't have much to get over. Just let her open up to you again.

4. From what you've said it seems obvious she wants you back. When I first read the story I was gonna say you should move on, but clearly you want to get back with her. If that's the case I'd say it's what you both want.