Where do I stand?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Dynamics, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Hey blades,

I'm 19, go to community college, work retail part time, and lack any social interaction outside of the two listed above. I'm not necessarily shy, but I am not over-the-top outgoing either. I find that it is difficult trying to make friends in the position I am in right now. I've been looking into transferring to a university next semester, but I still need to save some more money.

I was alright in high school in terms of having friends, I'd say your average student. I've had two girlfriends, both of which were fake, ingenuine lunatics who wanted a higher social status. I don't have any real hobbies that would set me apart from the next guy. In my free time I smoke, chill with a few work buddies, study, and will go out occasionally.

I know that if I don't change what I am doing, nothing else will either. I find it hard to see girls who I like and am attracted to but not absolutely hate their personality. My biggest problem is that I look younger than my actual age. I usually have people say 16-17 and as it doesn't affect me like it did in high school, it does hurt my chances with girls.

What are some universal ways of meeting new people? I'm sick of just going through the motions and living such a routine lifestyle. I'm pretty lonely, although I do have a few close friends. I'd really like to meet some girls I'd be interested in dating.

Help?

Thanks blades.

2. Id also like to get some info on this

3. Start exercising then post pics online and girls will start Hitting you up ..... Girls are shallow too

4. words will be words. You stand only where you think you stand. If you want to meet a girl, find one that you think is attractive, and when you do go talk to her be direct and straight forward. You want her number? ask for her number. You want to hang out, tell her. Don't mope around trying to start a small conversation. She doesn't know you yet and she isn't willing to invest her time with chit chat.

It's a good thing you look young. You'll look better when you're older. I'd say buy clothes that are more mature. Button ups, cardigans, etc. If you don't know what to get ask a girl in the store to help you. Chicks love helping. Get a new hair cut. If your community college has a gym go there and work out.

Like what you said, "I know that if I don't change what I am doing, nothing else will either." You already conscious of what you need to do. Just fucking do it man. I believe in you.

5. Sve more money, no wants to hang out with a chum.

Find some hobbies that avoid fake people, I have hobbies in aquariums nature and cars. Forums exists for these hobbies and face to face interactions are much more common than 'drug' based forums like these, I have not met anyone on this forum but dozens of nice people on fish forums or hiking forums.

6. #6 Tamataz, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
    You remind me of man. First of all, looking young is NOT A BAD THING. It might be bad early on, but later you will be older, it will definitely be a plus to get womenz. I'm 18, in fucking college with braces & a baby face, i feel you. You might hear yourself called "cute" by girls, instead of "hot" (not saying cute is bad at all, but hot means they are sexually attracted to you more or less). One day that will change.

Be more confident, and speak your mind. So many times in my life i would simply answer a question with "i dunno" because it was easier. Even though i had an idea or the right answer. I just didn't really like chit chat. And often i had a better guess then whatever someone else would say lol. I definitely talk now more than i used to. I now work at subway so i have to communicate with people all the time.

To meet people join some clubs, whatever you are interested in. Ultimate Frisbee, biking, chess, yoga, banana eating, video games guild. (hopefully not the latter). If you not interested in anything (which is bullshit) the only way to find out is to experiment.

Try to be funny, funny is never negative, its directly related to happiness. If you can make a bitch laugh, your golden. I have a hard time with this, i feel like i usually go throughout the day too seriously lol, i lack creativity. But for some reason, there are random days where i am really energetic and funnier than normal. I cant quite figure out what it is.

I wouldn't say I'm really bad with girls, but i dont have that much experience. I find hoes/sluts not attractive at all. But when i see a girl i like, i usually real em in. I need to actually like the girl to make an effort to want her. I find decent cute & smart girls that have a goal in life attractive. Don't waste your time with the girls that you feel like you dont really care for their personality. When you do find one you like, pull the trigger with no regrets.

7. It sounds like you have your priorities straight, THAT IS AWESOME! Me personally, found men who have their shit in order a most definite plus. I really couldn't seriously date a guy that isn't in either school or work. I just feel you gotta be doing something with your life, whatever that may be.

I'd try to make some time to go out on the town with some friends, go to bars, parties, whatever! Or perhaps make an OkCupid.com account?

I met my husband at a kegger he was throwing at his house. <3