where do i put my money?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by armyabe, Jul 22, 2010.

1. my question is...... there are all these systems for growing hydro which i know little about as far as experiance goes. i would like a low maintance setup....so i have been considering a dosing setup, on a ebb and flow system with two connecting 55 gallon resiviors with a curculating pumps. more water less issues? what can i do to step into hydro without having painful mistakes or set backs due to lack of experiance with it. any advice or a hand. thanks

2. ebb and flow for minimal maintenance and decent yields.

3. now you said decent yields .,what that all about. as not as good as......what system? and why is the system better, yet more difficult. i just dont want to go out switching all my dirt grow room to ebb and flow buckets just to find out that there is a far better system i could have gotten.i doing decent with dirt i want some outstanding change. the system at best is gonna cost me about thousands more. just dont want to not mess up my crops do to lack of knowledge and equipment.

4. everyone is sending me deep water do it yourself links. dw cant be monitored as a group feed as a group. i would have to have seperate dosers for each bucket not likeing it so much. plus i veg at one location and have 3 flower setups 3 seperate locations across town requiring transporting. and dw just doesnt fit they would dry up or drowned. thanks for the help

5. thank you

6. Decent yields meaning good yields. Ebb and Flow is not the same as Ebb and Grow. E&G is bucket based with a controller, E&F is a reservoir underneath a 6" deep tray. Click on the E&F link in my sig for pics.

Here's why I like Ebb & Flow. One reservoir to monitor. One tray to deal with. It takes me less than 20 minutes to clean out my res and refill. It's just easier and faster to manage. In my opinion. I used to do DWC, it was always a pain to do each bucket. I then switched to a recirculating DWC, this was a lot easier but it required having tubes everywhere and at the end of the day was still grief to manage.

You might not increase your yields 'that' much if you're a good soil grower but you will make life easier and less messy. You'll also possibly find your plants finishing a little quicker than in soil (my experience so far), maybe knock off 5 - 10% of soil flower time.

Keep us posted on your decision!