Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where do I find dabs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lunach1ck, Apr 10, 2017.

1. I'm newly a MMJ holder, and I want to try dabs as people I know keep telling me they're awesome. Can I get them at a dispensary?

2. Call one and ask if they have it?

3. First, congrats on your MMJ card and being able to legally purchase your cannabis, my states MMJ program is extremely strict so I do not qualify.

Now since you want to try dabbing, first you are going to need a dab rig, they may have these at your dispensary and can set you up with one. If not, head to a Local Head Shop and see what they have. The rig will consist of a water pipe, a nail (get a domeless nail or a quartz banger), a torch and some butane, a dabber and a carb cap that fits your nail... After you have your rig, head to your dispensary and ask to see their concentrates, there will likely be many varieties/qualities so ask questions if needed, but here is some info to get you started:

Crumble - Crumbley wax, looks kind of like earwax in apperance
    Budder- Smooth, Peanut Butter like consistency
    Shatter - Hard consistency, breaks like glass. The golder/more see through, the better
    Rosin - Sticky but the most potent/tasty, made by squishing flowers under high pressure and heat and the rosin oozes out, also the most expensive.

There are different types of extractions as well like BHO or CO2 so be sure to ask about that if you are concerned with solvents, some people don't like BHO but as long as it is properly made I don't have an issue with it.

Once you are home and have your concentrate of choice and rig, put some water in you rig, put on your nail, fill your torch with butane, get a small piece of concentrate on your dabber, blast the bottom/side of your nail until it starts glowing red (easier to see with Titanium nails, but if you get Titanium get something brand name like Highly Educated) and then count to 20-30 seconds (you will find the time that works best for your nail/rig) and then place your concentrate on your hot nail (this is what is called "dabbing") while inhaling and place the carb cap on top once the concentrate is off your dabber, continuing to inhale until you notice no more vapor. good luck, enjoy dabbing and start small!

• Informative Informative x 1