Where do go from here?

Discussion in 'Security' started by 16 bit swing, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Me and a close friend of mine decided to start a small grow op. Its something I always wanted to do and finally the time was right! Anyways, perhaps we were both a little imprudent in starting our grow. Anyways, my friend provided the Aerogarden and the Seed (feminized, auto flower according to him). I bought the fertilizers and provided the safe location. So, now I'm shocked and a bit overwhelmed at how quickly everything is going. It seems that just a week ago it was little more than a small green stem with small leaves on it. So this is where we're at now. Check pics below. We've more or less just let it grow. We gave it nutrients when it said to on the schedule and the only issue was the pH was a bit out of whack. My friend put something meant for fish into the resevoir that seems to have alleviated the small yellowing spots on the fan leaves due to pH (we assumed). At this point, I guess we've missed the time top the plant. Many bud sites have formed and overall the plant looks good. Anyways, this may seem lazy but I was hoping somebody who knows more than me could looks at these pics and make an educated judgment to the status of the plant and provide any suggestions. I've done some research on my own but its hard to wade through the massive amount of misinformation and differing gardening techniques.

ANyways, any help is appreciated and I hope I've placed this in the right forum!

Attached Files:

• pp1.jpg
      pp1.jpg
      File size:
      229.1 KB
      Views:
    • pp2.jpg
      pp2.jpg
      File size:
      236.6 KB
      Views:
    • pp3.jpg
      pp3.jpg
      File size:
      229.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Well first I would say your in the wrong section of the forums. Second I would say (and this is just what I would personally do, I am not a professional by any means) more light needs to be reaching the lower branches. The way I would go about doing this is by cutting the bigger fan leaves in half and adding more CFL lighting to the side.

I would get some Mylar from walmart and replace the aluminum foil with it.

Also do you guys have an oscillating fan or anything to move air around?

3. Plants look great for a first timer so well done. You should go to a local bookstore like Barnes and Noble and pick up Jorge Cervantes Medical Marijuana Grow Bible...that will help immensely.

What kind of nutrients are you using?
    What's your ph?
    What lights are you using?

Give a few more details and you will find some help...but get that book ASAP!

4. #4 16 bit swing, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    Thanks man, I'm gonna get that tommorow. I really wanted a reliable, professional, all-in-one guide to growing.

As for nutrients, were using Fox Farms stuff
    Big Bloom
    Tiger Bloom
    Grow Big

I need to test pH tomorrow. I think it got a bit out of wack earlier in the grow and cause some yellow spots, etc. My friend thought it was okay to use some type of fish tank to bring down the pH. I'm not sure about that, is that okay to do? We changed the resevoir yesterday so I'll check the pH tomorrow.

For lighting we were just using the two CFL's that come with the aerogarden but today I bought a T5 flourescent light fixture with bulbs meant for flowering. The plant was growing so hard that it was touching bulbs every morning when I checked it. Eventually, the aero's light fixture wouldn't extend any taller so I just detached it and I am using it to get more light to the bottom buds.

Does it matter much that the T5 is doing like a orange-ish style light (it looks more like real sunlight) but the aero lights are that like really blueish white fluorescent?

I am very aware now that Aero garden's aren't the best thing to use for cannibus and I've already picked out a new custom setup at my local hydro store. However, this has been a learning experience and I hope to get some decent nugs from this plant. I guess we'll see! I'll definitely post a few pics when the buds get larger and of course the harvest.

5. #5 Bobbunnypeter, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
    The orange color is exactly what you want for flower and its great that you kept the cfl's in there as well. I'm unaware of any fish related ph balancer so I can't speak to that...but if it works then right on. Your local garden store should have a good ph down and up check kit...General Hydroponics makes a small kit that I've seen.

Looking forward to seeing the nugs!

6. Depending how much you want to set up there's deferent things you can do. At least I would say put tinfoil under the plant to reflect the light that's there back up. If you want to add more light it will help if not keep doing what your doing and the buds look good. If you plan to continue grows then I would get a grow tent or build one with PVC and panda plastic or if you are growing in a full room put it in the walls. If you continue growing I recommend hid.

7. Thanks everyone for the informative replies! This is the top cola on my plant. Everything look good?