Where Do Butterflies Go During The Winter?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by bdeslaur, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Just as the title asks, where do butterflies go during the winter? It's something that has always been on my mind. I just haven't bothered Googling it.

2. They Die

• Like Like x 1
  3. Did ya post a thread on why is the sky blue yet?
    Because it is...................

• Like Like x 1
  4. They hibernate in my asshole. Then when I fart in the springtime, butterflies come out of my ass.

5. monarch butterflies generally migrate to Mexico. the next generation always returns to the same trees.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mexico

• Like Like x 1
  7. But it's actually not. The molecules refract light so the visible aspect is blue.

Next are you going to tell me a sunset is naturally orange?

Spoiler alert, it's also the air influencing the light spectrum to give us that color. More precisely greenhouse gases. When the light is at a small angle in reference to the Earth's surface it will cause light from the sun to travel through more molecules in the atmosphere to reach our point of view; thus changing the visible light from a blue, to an orange.

Oooooo science.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LOL
    OK Professor

• Like Like x 1
  9. You may take your seat class

10. Don't some go to spots in florida also? I remember going on a trip to FL as a kid and we stopped in a town that was all about Monarchs because they were either a stopover or they wintered there, I can't remember.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NE
    VER!

12. 11:44 huh? :D

13. Butterfly's never die :(
    They just reincarnate :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. I live in FL and I feel like I rarely see butterflies anymore. I used to see them all the fucking time as a kid. Especially Monarchs. I probably haven't seen a Monarch in at least a year.