WHere did you get your lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gagaganja, Oct 16, 2010.

1. okay so as of right now all i can find at my local department stores(home depot, lowes etc) are 20w cfl lights and those are the highest i can find in the 6500k spectrum all else are in the 2700k range. so right now im using 2 20w they are working right now for the sprout lings but i have to get bigger watt ones soon so where did you guys buy your lights as in what stores because i cant really justify buying just 2 bulbs online. now i have a small grow box so i cant really add 6 more bulbs the max i could fit is probably 4 in the box. so in short where did you guys find your bigger watt 40+ bulbs in stores not online. thanks

also this is my first grow so im not really expecting a huge yield or even for it to survive it is mostly to learn what i have to change to be successful at future grows

2. #2 deacon, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    1000bulb.com...i think its called....make 1 order and get some higher watt in each 2700 and 6500...to save on ship...65 watts actual or better..can always suppliment with smaller cfl's:smoke:..home de 'pot has 65watt in 2700 k for about 14 bucks but none for veg

3. Walmart

GE 3 pack 20 watt 2700k.10000 hour ones not the 8000 and they were $2.97

4. a little small to grow fire buds.....i go no lower that 65 acutal watts...but 23actual will work with numbers...the problem with cfls is their penetration...once your plant starts growin' the cfls dont get through the canopy:smoke:...hps equals penetration

5. so your saying my best bet is just to order them online

6. Personally, I prefer brick and mortar set-ups over online. I can pay in cash and have nothing linking me or my address to purchases of suspicious materials. Home Depot is a favorite. With limited electrical knowledge you can remote wire a ballast for an HPS flood light and put a cord on it. Cheap effective grow light with no paper trail.

7. word dat...good stuff bro...just like in growin'...there more than 1 way ta skin a cat:smoke:

8. I personally use 105w 6500k Bulbs. They are expensive but they put out great light, 1000bulbs.com is great.

9. I got a pair of CFL 75w Daylight bulbs at Meijer they are 5k light spectrum
    And when i switch to flowering i Will get Soft White i heard they are the best and mimic the HPS 2700 light spectrum according to the CFL Grow guide. I am a new grower also and these plants just dont seem to want to grow so i might get 2 more CFL 75w Daylights For this VEG period.