Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where did the term 'hit' come from?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by insanemasterfac, Jun 21, 2010.

1. I wonder where most slang for mj came from. But 'hit' in particular I'm wondering about.
    Although feel free to share any origins for other slang you may know :)

2. Probably because if you smoke some good shit, it might feel like you took a nice shot to the temple.

Thus "Wanna take a hit?"

I dont know though, I havent been alive long enough. Ask one of the dinosaurs, im sure theyre around here somewhere.

3. Not sure, wondering this as well!

4. Id imagine it also comes from take a drag.

5. Yeah, that sounds probably the most accurate.

6. Good question dude, never really questioned the actual origin of it. To be honest I have no idea! Need some high MoFo to come up with some crazy ass ideas:smoking::smoking:, im not high enough to!:(

7. asking for the etymology of weed terms is like asking for the flux capacitor

8. Me, I invented it.

9. Sounds pretty legit.

10. Im wondering tht too hmmm
    oh well! :rolleyes: lol

11. When I hit you in the face.

This probably most likely.