Where did the fun go...

Discussion in 'General' started by stevegrass2, Jul 13, 2012.

1. I moved away from my friends and now I'm on probo. All I really have left in my life is cigarettes and that is pretty sad... crazy to think that before I moved, I have alot going on and now I have nothing to do. I wonder why I haven't gone crazy from having my life so shitty now.

2. Dude stick in there.. And just think positive. I know it sounds like a cliche but seriously think how can you make it better. You have to acctualy try and make changes. Not saying that your not but just sayin. Just think there are others suffering more. Good luck bro !

3. I'm just still shocked at how everything in my life fell apart so quickly and just from the split second decision of moving. Yeah, its sad but I'm over 18 and still don't have my shit together so yeah, I had to move with my parents.

Now I just have nothing to do. No social life, no nothing. Miss my old house too. I just want to know if it will get better. Complaining doesn't do shit, but its still hard to believe the situation I'm in now. In fact I can't enjoy weed because my depression just icks into the high and makes it less enjoyable. Before I moved I could smoke and feel on top of the world.

4. People in Africa haven't gone crazy yet, I bet you're safe for a good while. Keep your chin up, the best you can do in these situations is take the best you can from every situation, and use the bad to appreciate the good even more. Got me through self-induced depression, I'm sure it can't hurt you.

5. Shit man.. I'm kind of in the same situation sorta... We gotta try hard just think there is more to life but you just gotta put in the man hours

6. Do you have a job? If not, find one. People say 'jobs aren't life' - and that's true. But if you're in a rut, a job gives you a sense of purpose. Especially if you take pride in it, no matter what it is. And you can make friends at your job.

A social life isn't everything, man. Take this alone time to get to know yourself better. Find out what you enjoy doing, stop focusing on the fact you don't have people to do it with. When you do find people to hang out with, would you rather be able to share the activities you've discovered you can do, the things you can create, the ideas you can share, the person you can be, or would you rather only have your depression to share? Misery loves company... but happiness doesn't love miserable company.

Tl;dr: Find a hobby.

7. I am also benefiting from cktonys posts

8. [quote name='"Ziggy86"']Try Amsterdam Poppers, gives you a buzz for 5 mins, never shows up in tests.
    Better than cigs.[/quote]

I don't think offering him some alternatives is appropriate for him right now

9. Honestly, don't listen to Ziggy. Getting into other drugs when you're depressed is a quick, easy way to spiral into addiction - whether or not the drug is inherently addictive or not.

Mental addiction is a hell of a drug.

10. I always goto da batting cages when I feel this way. Drink a tall glass of your favorite drink and rip a bowl.

11. #11 stevegrass2, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    I have surprisingly been adapting alot faster to this move then I thought I would be. When I first moved up, it was unbearable, but now I'm at the point where I switch between being very optimistic about it to very pessimistic about it.

At times, I feel like I will make it through it, but other times I just wonder why I don't throw the towel and say "fuck it" you know. During those times, I just have to ask out loud why I need another fucking problem to deal with.

Your advice is good though and I believe in it. When I keep myself occupied, that is when I am at my happiest, but right now I have too much free time. When you have too much free time while you're depressed, it is absolutely unbearable because all you got is your miserable thoughts.The main reason why I haven't gone out for a job though is because of self-esteem issues with my socializing ability, but that is something I plan on tackling with the help of my uncle (chill easy-going dude. Pretty much my new bro since I live right next to him).

12. Been in your shoes before, quite recently. :)

MAke a list of whatever reason you have to hate life and then burn it
    then look at yourself in the mirror and ask what your mad about
    find things to keep you busy even little things that will make you feel accomplished
    i picked a really big thing and decided to join the military, lol

13. Awesome, glad your uncle's there and is a cool guy. All I have to say is, use up that free time. Set some goals for yourself, and utilize that time! You got this man :smoke:

When you have too much free time while you're depressed, it is absolutely unbearable because all you got is your miserable thoughts.

The fact that you realize this is important - that's the hardest thing to actually realize. Once you do, that's when overcoming it starts to naturally happen. When you see what's going on, your body naturally fights against it - it wants to be sad no more than you do! :p

14. It's not a "drug".

I only tried it once, one of my friends was on probation and he always carries it around, I asked him and told me it helps him get through the day and college.

Was just offering him a harmless relief, he seemed like he needs it.
    He's an adult and he can decide for himself, don't you think?

15. I don't know if this would help but: I recently moved about two years ago across the county. I don't have any friends at the moment except this one girl who I got super attached with. We played games but I'm paying the worst end emotionally if that makes sense. Anyway I was pretty depressed about her and still am but slowly tapering off into normal. I often smoke and just think about shit like you Probly do but basically we need to keep ourseleves busy and distract our minds from what's troubling us. I feel like all I have is myself and my dad who I live with. Try to keep busy around the house. Time will go by and you will think back did I really stress of that before?

16. "Time heals all wounds."

:smoke:

17. Time heals all,
    and heels hurt to walk in. ;)

:smoke:

18. Very true dude. The funny thing about me is I know all the reasons behind my depression, I'm just being held back by my emotions. Keeping myself busy is very important, but one horrible thing I hate is that I find it hard to do activities I previously enjoyed at my old house since it will cause my mind to dwell too much on my former setting.

But yeah, you're right. As time passes, things will start to regain their sense of normalcy. I like, but also hate that idea at the same time right now because I want my "normal" to be my old life again but I know that is impossible.

Sometimes I wish I could get rid of my emotions... but then again, you need the lows to truly appreciate the highs.

19. [quote name='"stevegrass2"']I moved away from my friends and now I'm on probo. All I really have left in my life is cigarettes and that is pretty sad... crazy to think that before I moved, I have alot going on and now I have nothing to do. I wonder why I haven't gone crazy from having my life so shitty now.[/quote]

Man, I know how it feels, I was on probation earlier this year, but hey, your life is "shitty" right now but try to think of it as a forced t-break. At least you are being smart and stopped for the time being, that makes the process go way quicker, be proud of yourself for being able to do so, when I was on I was in treatment with a chick that had been on probation and in treatment for almost a year and wouldn't go like 3 weeks without messing up, stupid. The day I got caught i stopped, I told them all the bs they love to hear, and after 3 and a half monthes my p.o. Let me off, which was 2 and a half monthes early, so man, just stay clean, do all of the stuff required of you and it'll all be behind you soon!

20. [quote name='"stevegrass2"']

Very true dude. The funny thing about me is I know all the reasons behind my depression, I'm just being held back by my emotions. Keeping myself busy is very important, but one horrible thing I hate is that I find it hard to do activities I previously enjoyed at my old house since it will cause my mind to dwell too much on my former setting.

But yeah, you're right. As time passes, things will start to regain their sense of normalcy. I like, but also hate that idea at the same time right now because I want my "normal" to be my old life again but I know that is impossible.

Sometimes I wish I could get rid of my emotions... but then again, you need the lows to truly appreciate the highs.[/quote]

Yeah dude I know exactly what you mean.. Like you know but you just don't really want to admit it I guess because you never felt this way. As long as you know and know what to do To make things better than really it's up to you haha... Just gotta step out of your shell and see what happens, it wouldn't hurt