Where did it go????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by topsykrets, Apr 28, 2009.

1. #1 topsykrets, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    What brand and type of soil? FFOF
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? northern lights X big buds
    How old are the plants? 2weeks 1 day into veg
    What type of lights and how many watts? 4x 600w mh
    How far from the lights? 16 inches..... (air cooled, canopy temp 74-80f)
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? yesterday for the first time! fox farms nutes grow big 6-4-4 1tsp/gal big bloom 1 tbl/ gal (this is 1/2 the reccomended feeding from fox farms)
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? not in hydro but i didi check my soil runoff... 5.4-6.18 I dont know what this specific plant was. nutes were ballanced to a ph of 7.0 +/- .1
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 66f-80f 44%-62%
    What size pots? 3 gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. fungal gnats just wont go away, lots of yellow sticky traps and treatment with neem oils once/ week. they wont go away, but I only see about 3-4 per day if any.
    Any other pertinent info? I dont like sick plants....
    and i fed late in the day 4 hours before lights out probably should have waited till morning , the rest of the garden looks good, but I dont want them all to start looking like this.

in the attached picture you can see that 1/2 of the leaf is gone! under closer examination you can see that it is still there but extremely shriveled up!

what could have caused this and should I remove this leaf?

Attached Files:

2. I ate it....no but do you have any pets in the area, They could of ate it if they had access. just throwing it out there.

3. no pets. actually its still there, its just shriveled up very badly.

4. #4 topsykrets, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    my ladies are dieing!!!! this problem is getting worse, I have put tons of pictures up but have not had any solid help yet! CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?????

What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    What brand and type of soil? FFOF
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? northern lights X big buds
    How old are the plants? 3 weeks into veg
    What type of lights and how many watts? 4x 600w mh
    How far from the lights? 16 inches..... (air cooled, canopy temp 74-80f)
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 5 days ago. fox farms nutes grow big 6-4-4 1tsp/gal and big bloom 1 tbl/ gal (this is 1/2 the reccomended feeding from fox farms)
    watered yesterda when the plants felt very light
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? not in hydro but i didi check my soil runoff... 5.18-5.61soil ph; 7 on the money tested with meter
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 66f-80f 44%-62%
    What size pots? 3 gal
    Any bugs? Look real close. fungal gnats just wont go away, lots of yellow sticky traps and treatment with neem oils once/ week. they wont go away

Attached Files:

5. Try pouring apple cider vinegar in a bowl and place it near the plants or wine also works. See if that works for you.

6. what does that do?

7. I would flush the plants. Wait a few days and re- nute.

8. one other note.... I have been having problems prior to the first nutrient feeding,

very tips were grey and stringy

the yellow spots started to turn brown prior to feeding

9. Topsy you said you were having problems with fungal gnats. They vinegar attracts them and drowns them.

10. #10 katana2k9, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    firstly your plant arnt dieing dont be so overdramatic, it had this problem with my LR2 i noticed these what started as little lighter green spots that went from yellow to brown and it looks like something is eating them and it wasnt that at all i asked smoknVTEC on this site and he said it even happens to him, i noticed that they just grow outa of it when ever they grow bigger mine where at about the same age as yours when it happened i have a link to what happened to mine here we are http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/352303-light-green-spots-lower-fan-leaves.html do they look like them? if so dont worry flush and spray the leaves with ph balanced water when its there dark period and soon they will come around, your plants seem in good health dont worry bout it mate. hope this helps

11. yeah really dramatic. i have a similar problem. I am flushing myself.

12. #12 topsykrets, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009

this is my first grow, so I thought that they were dieing (was not trying to be dramatic, just worried that my camp fire might be getting out of control and burn down the forrest)

katana. I dont think that this is anything like what you have in your link, look at a large view at the following pictures :

picture #2 look at the leaf tips

picture #8 half of the leaf is missing or shrivled and the camera does not show the color very well the spots are Brown and leafs are brittle

picture#7 this is what they look like before the brown spots show up. very pale green almost yellow

should i give them nutes on their next feeding? (they all had water last time)

13. is there a freeking echo in here? :D

14. #14 katana2k9, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    well mine ended up like yours when, they started to dry and get crispy in places, im telling you mate its gonna be fine dont panic really i bet this is your first grow hhmmmm :ey:. well dont feed them i got a email here from my seed bank about this issue i states that its altered genetics as most breeding happenes in hydro soil plants take a little while to adjust, but they come out of it i seen it mate just floiar feed with water when the lights are off and flush only flush once over a week, and floair feed during that weeks dark periods. for the damage that is done to the leaves there is not much you can do about that except wait for the new growth. thats all mate

15. good to know that its not some huge issue..... thanks for the reassurance

dont feed them- check
    they are into the 4th week of veg and I have only fed them once.
    so should should not use the open sesame?

16. my advice is just leave them be and they will come around, just wait for the new growth i always say a week but it could only take a few days it depends on the plants has there been any improvement or the such, pop in a few pics and lets have a look

17. some of the plants show none of the above signs at all.
    some of the plants that did show the signs have new growth that looks healthy
    some of the plants that did show the sighs have new growth that have the same symptoms (curling leaf tips)

katana I added to your rep! thanks for helping out the newb!

Attached Files:

18. #18 chiefton8, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
    the soil runoff pH of 5.2-5.6 is not spot on. how are you testing the "soil pH"? the classic soil pH meters that you stick in the soil are notoriously inaccurate. the best way to test the soil pH is to test the run off, which you said is 5.2-5.6. If my understanding of what you said is correct, then this is almost certainly your problem.

To fix it, I would recommend a good flushing with a pH buffered solution (like Earth Juice Natural pH up) rather than normal pH up solutions which just contain potassium hydroxide. never the less, flush the soil with some form of pH up solution until the run off is around pH 6.5. Then flush it with an equal volume of water (pH adjusted to 6.5 if necessary). By doing this you kill several birds with one stone. Whether the original problem was pH, nute overdose or nute def. (or a combination thereof caused by low pH), this will reset things so that once the soil dries in a couple of days you can start them on a normal feeding regiment again.

19. thanks dude your plants look lovely and healthy, as the chief said just check the ph run off and flush with a PH balanced solution after that every thing will be fine but dont worry soon they will be flowering and that WILL put a smile on your face :D

20. flowering soon< I cant wiat..... 4 days and I start the 12/12 light cycle. this is very exciting. I dont have any earth juice but I will ebay it,,,,, thanks agian and I added to the chief's rep too