Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where did I go wrong?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MasterChef99, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Okay, so I know a lot of cannabutter recipes require butter to sit over night and what not, but I simply do not have time for that. A few nights ago I attempted making pot brownies, but they sadly do not work :(. What I did was double wrap my weed in foil, and decarb it in the oven on 220 for 20 minutes, then I  melted the butter in a pot on medium, once it was fully melted I dumped my ground up weed in the pot and turned it down low to simmer. After 10min I took it out, and let it harden for a few hours. Later I then remelted the butter, added it to the brownie mix, and cooked it for the recommended time (25min on 350 degrees.) All I wanna know is where did I go wrong so the brownies didn't work; because I'm going to try again tonight...

What I am going to do tonight is buy a candy thermometer, heat up my vegtable oil to 315 degrees and then allow it to cook the weed for 35min, then add it to the brownie mix and bake. Or should I drop the thermometer completely and just set it to simmer? Please help :(

2. How much material did you use? 1/8? 1 oz? You may not have used enough. If you only used a few grams and then tried to make an entire pan of brownies then you will probably never feel it. You would have to eat all the brownies and by then you would probably be sick. 

You need to heat it low and slow. The 220F for decarbing is a great temp so don't worry about that. I don't know if the 20 mins for that was sufficient because I don't know the freshness or condition of your material. 

After you decarb, you need to heat it longer than just 10 mins especially because butter is not as efficient and effective as using something like coconut oil. I would NOT suggest raising the temps like you stated you plan on doing. Instead, you should try to heat it low and slow for at least a couple of hours. Make sure that the temp of the butter is not too high. I never use any temps greater than 225F for mine. After you have heated it for an adequate amount of time, THEN you can add it to the brownie mix and make your edibles. 

I would try to look over this tutorial before you start : http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html#post11299348

It is best to understand the process needed and to understand WHY it is done that way in order to effectively extract the cannabinoids.

If someone does not have the time, equipment, or facilities to properly perform an extraction then they should probably not attempt to do so. It tends to mostly lead to an under-processed and highly inefficient result in which time, cannabis, and the other materials (in this case brownie mix, butter, etc) have been completely or nearly completely wasted. If someone chooses to continue despite these issues then they should be aware that there is a large possibility that they will fail and the cannabis will have been wasted.