where did god come from

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by doindia, Sep 12, 2007.

1. 23795369_2036734559878944_5360622162243036322_n.jpg

2. #62 jerry111165, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    THAT is your response? Seriously?

I would have that that you - of all people could have come up with something more intelligent.

Too bad. I’m disappointed. I did not go back and read the thread but kind of jumped in the middle - and thought I had made quite valid points - and got a cartoon answer.

It seems we have different views on the 6,000 year thing.

If you Google “oldest architecture” you’ll find many old structures believed to be much. much older than the 6k years alone - and they weren’t built the second that the earth and the heavens came into being.

I really think it’s a shame that this was your response.

Have a good day.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 23795369_2036734559878944_5360622162243036322_n.jpg

4. I expected no more

After all - when there’s no intelligent or at least common sense response to be had to the continental drift, to the time it takes coal and gemstones to form - to the entire earth covered in ocean, to tropical forests at the poles, to dinosaur fossils or the worn down Appalachian mountains and reptiles growing wings and learning to fly then what else could you possibly do?

You go on the Internet and find a funny “Bullshit” picture and hope nobody notices that you’ve got no Intelligent comeback or rebuttal.

I get it dude - believe me. The difference is that when I started looking for intelligent and well thought out answers I realized I was being fed a line with zero to back it up so I made my own mind up -

That it was friggin hogwash handed down from generation to generation

For reasons I have figured out yet.

Collection plate? Something to feel good about? A Club go belong to? A feeling of camaraderie?

A feeling of superiority? Lol A way to tell people that if they worked on Sundays or didn’t bow down - no matter how good of people they were or if they were any of the billions of other folks following other religions of the Earth that they were going to spend an Eternity in lakes of lava - a mythical place called Hell - but if you followed the lessons learned in an old book that you would go to the other mythical place called “Heaven”?

Billions and Billions of non Christians gonna burn in Hell for eternity - right?

Bullshit.

J

5. Seems to be a flexible situation.
    The age comes from the begat stuff.
    For some reason some think 6 days is factual.
    Yet the folks that were warned not to assault Cain just weren't mentioned.

Enough to make you go Hmmm.

:smoke:

6. This is good me thinks -

7. 23795369_2036734559878944_5360622162243036322_n.jpg

8. You do realize that each time you refuse to comment on my own comments and come back with the silliness that you only confirm my own comments - comments that are extremely well documented by the scientific community and not rooted solely in faith?

Faith is fine - but there needs to be some kind of a mixture of reality and faith and not solely on words written by men in a book.

“Believe this because we say so - end of conversation. If you don’t, you’ll burn in hell along with billions of others”.

Never mind. When you respond with silliness and zero intelligent banter it’s not even worth my time. I’ve been working 7 days a week and I’m beat up.

Yep - Sunday’s too.

J

9. :popcorn:
    23795369_2036734559878944_5360622162243036322_n.jpg

10. #70 jerry111165, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Good morning Ron! Hope you slept well last night and that your life is exceeding your expectations.

I did have a question for you and I figured if anyone could answer it then you probably could. If Christians make up approximately 31% of the worlds people, does this mean that the balance plus some of the Christian population or a little more than 2/3 of the worlds population will be going to be spending an eternity in hell?

3A9625D0-A99E-48A3-B43B-7830A4BBAA16.png

That is a whole lot of people if this is the case.

Globally, Muslims make up the second largest religious group, with 1.8 billion people, or 24% of the world’s population, followed by religious “nones” (16%), Hindus (15%) and Buddhists (7%). Adherents of folk religions, Jews and members of other religions make up smaller shares of the world’s people.

[​IMG]
    Cite: World’s largest religion by population is still Christianity

I wonder why Christianity is on the decline and Muslims are a growing religion - especially if they’re wasting their time?

I sincerely hope that you and yours have a fantastic day. Peace, my friend. :)

J

11. I live in a country whose people have lived here for 60,000 years plus and who have stories passed down of the ending of the last ice age 12,000 years ago.

12. :coffee:
    23795369_2036734559878944_5360622162243036322_n.jpg

:popcorn:

13. Interesting...

Because there’s folks here saying that all was created only 6,000 years ago...

Is there any solid documentation to help with your longer term claims?

@Ronhip - thoughts?

J

14. Yes.

15. Sorry - the correct answer would be “What is 37”.

J

16. Mungo Man lived at Lake Mungo about 42,000 years ago
    from wikipedia
    Sedimentsat Lake Mungo have been deposited over more than 120,000 years. On the eastern side of the Mungo lake bed are the "Walls of China," a series of crescent-shaped sand dunes or lunettes, up to 40m in height, that stretch for more than 33 km, where most archaeological material has been found. There are three distinct layers of sands and soil forming the Walls. The oldest is the reddish Gol Gol layer, formed between 100,000 and 120,000 years ago. The middle greyish layer is the Mungo layer, deposited between 50,000 and 25,000 years ago. The most recent is the Zanci layer, which is pale brown, and was laid down mostly between 25,000 and 15,000 years ago.

The Mungo layer, which was deposited before the last ice age period, is the most archaeologically rich. Although the layer corresponded with a time of low rainfall and cooler weather, more rainwater ran off the western side of the Great Dividing Range during that period, keeping the lake full. It supported a significant human population, as well as many varieties of Australian megafauna."

and from Mungo Archaeology | Understand Mungo | Visit Mungo National Park
    "
    The people of Lake Mungo and the Willandra Lakes have a long past that is important to the whole world.

When Mungo Lady and Mungo Man turned up some 40 years ago they rocked the scientific community. They have been dated to 42,000 years old - the oldest human remains in Australia and some of the oldest modern humans in the world outside Africa.

And when 20,000 year old footprints of the Willandra people were found in 2003, they also rocked archaeological records. They are the only Pleistocene footprints in Australia and the most numerous yet found anywhere in the world.

These finds are remarkable enough, but perhaps the most important thing about the Willandra Lakes is how such discoveries can be connected with the landscape and climate. Places like Mungo are rare, where changes in an environment can be matched with how people have lived there in a continuous record across vast ages.

The scientific evidence shows that Aboriginal people have lived at Mungo for at least 45,000 years. This is the dated age of the oldest stone artefacts that have been found so far, and represents a lineage that extends back over some 2000 generations. But many Aboriginal people say they have been here even longer, reaching back into the Dreamtime, perhaps forever. The long history of occupation at Mungo has combined with ideal conditions for the preservation of some types of relics to create an archaeological treasurehouse."
    There are numerous other sites all over Australia with rock paintings and fire hearths that have been dated in the ranges of 60,000 years to the present.

17. and then there is what was happening here 6600 years ago...
    "thousands of years ago, a volcano in Victoria’s south-west – later named Mt Eccles by Europeans, and today named Budj Bim – erupted.

In the landscape created by its eight-kilometre-wide, 18-kilometre-long lava flow, an extraordinary aquaculture system was built by an ancient Aboriginal settlement.

[​IMG]
    The Gunditjmara people engineered their land by building a complex system of weirs, channels and lakes upon the lava flows that run from Budj Bim to the sea.CREDIT:COUNTRY NEEDS PEOPLE/RODNEY DEKKER

The significance of that aquaculture system – created 6600 years ago and in continuous use ever since by the Gunditjmara people – was recognised on Saturday by the United Nations..."

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well now - that’s certainly much more than the 6,000 years some folks are claiming.

I’ve got nothing against having faith but to blindly believe and totally disregard hard fact.

And this isn’t even vaguely getting into the other animals, the dinosaurs and reptiles or the rocks and dust underfoot.

Thanks

J

19. and
    The Budj Bim Cultural Landscape is located in the traditional Country of the Gunditjmara Aboriginal people in south-eastern Australia. The three serial components of the property contain one of the world’s most extensive and oldest aquaculture systems. The Budj Bim lava flows, which connect the three components, provides the basis for this complex aquaculture system developed by the Gunditjmara, based on deliberate redirection, modification and management of waterways and wetlands.

Over a period of at least 6,600 years the Gunditjmara created, manipulated and modified these local hydrological regimes and ecological systems. They utilised the abundant local volcanic rock to construct channels, weirs and dams and manage water flows in order to systematically trap, store and harvest kooyang (short-finned eel – Anguilla australis) and support enhancement of other food resources.

The highly productive aquaculture system provided a six millennia-long economic and social base for Gunditjmara society. This deep time interrelationship of Gunditjmara cultural and environmental systems is documented through present-day Gunditjmara cultural knowledge, practices, material culture, scientific research and historical documents. It is evidenced in the aquaculture system itself and in the interrelated geological, hydrological and ecological systems.

The Budj Bim Cultural Landscape is the result of a creational process narrated by the Gunditjmara as a deep time story. For the Gunditjmara, deep time refers to the idea that they have always been there. From an archaeological perspective, deep time refers to a period of at least 32,000 years that Aboriginal people have lived in the Budj Bim Cultural Landscape. The ongoing dynamic relationship of Gunditjmara and their land is nowadays carried by knowledge systems retained through oral transmission and continuity of cultural practice.

20. I love how we revived a thread from 2007. Lol imo the idea of god is a funny one because it was specifically stated god not gods. When I look through the story of the bible, i see that someone started by trying to fear people into following a set of standards. After people were so ssscared that God was going to strike them down with lightning if they do anything "wrong", the powers that be said we gotta do something about this. Then arises the all mighty stories of.... well do whatever you want as long as you say your sorry it will be ok. If liveing in today's world of be whatever the f*** youuuuu wanna be is not hell then I'm not too worried what hell has to offer me after life. Lol