WHere can I order cheap red wigglers?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by smoke doubt, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Am I going to find a beter deal than $16.99 for 500 red wigglers? I don`t quite need 500 as Im planning to start a worm bin, so if any1 knows where I can get a smaller amount for a good price that``d be better 500 was the smallest amount I`ve found.

2. Hi,

Check out the link in Oldpork's Wormcastings' sticky (in this section).

3. Thanks Corto, but the ones at that link cost a little more than the ones at uncle jims worm farm. I was just looking for less than 500 but I`ll start the worm bin and I guess I`ll have em for my grow and veggie garden and maybe do some fishing with em too. Once again thanks for the reply

4. Go to a local bait shop, usua;lly there are alot of eggs in the containers with the worms, and they multiply fast, so finf friends to share them with.

5. Thanks Dan

6. You can also borrow some Red Wiggler worms from your neighbors who use them for composting or fishing. Once your vermicomposting bin is stable and has a growing population, you can give your neighbor back more than the red wigglers that you borrowed. This is what I did. :)

7. If you can stand to wait, keep in mind that the population will at least double every 2 months given decent conditions. I started with about 1000 and waited a couple months for them to multiply.

8. You can order 500 Red Wigglers from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm for only $16.95, saving 4 cents :D Uhm, you can just pick some and readily introduce them on your plants if you want less worms in your bin.

9. Dude, check out this website. Great list of lots of worm dealers.

Worm Suppliers

Jak

10. Try craigslist..I bought 1lb for $10

11. Very few worm sellers actually give you a 'pound' of worms - what you get is a 'pound' of vermicompost with worms in it. Big time.

Here are some numbers to consider:

1 lb. = 1,000 adult worms (generally)
    1 cocoon averages 3.5 worms
    1,000 cocoons are $25.00 from Blue Ridge Vermiculture in Northern California.
    1,000 cocoons = 3,500 worms or 3.5 lbs. once they're adults which doesn't take long.

3.5 lbs. of worms for $25.00 may be an option for some.

LD

12. the internet.