Where Can I Get My Bong Fixed?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Neecle12975, Jul 8, 2014.

1. I just broke the base to my favorite bong and am desperately searching for someone to fix it. I live by the Ann Arbor & Detroit MI areas and was wondering if anyone knows of any people or places that could help me? Just the base broke off, it didn't break into the actual pipe at all. I've found some places out of state but I'd like to avoid shipping it that far if possible. Help please! :(

2. Search for glass blowers in your neighborhood

Sent from my LGMS323 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Look for someone that makes glass beads or marbles. You are looking for someone that works with torches and has a kiln. Without annealing in a kiln, the repair will be very brittle.

Be honest about what the piece is, and assure them it will be free of residue. I'd offer them. 30-50 bucks to fix it. Most of these folks that have the right equipment value their time very much.

Alternately, there are some glues available for glass. Should be ok since it won't come into contact with your smoke.

4. If it's soft glass and not boro, you could actually take a stab at it. A bottle of MAAP gas and a cheap torch available at the hardware store will achieve temps adequate for fuzing soft glass. Do your homework first though. It's not easy or safe. Lol

5. #5 AaangelicaaA, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014

^^I'd looooove to watch you do that. That would be rad to watch! Just kidding. My husband has been blowing both soft and boro glass for over 14 years. So I've learned quite a few things from him.... advice.....

DO NOT use mapp gas on soft glass. It will explode!!

And just in case anyone is wondering... the reason you cannot use it on borosilicate glass is because it will not get hot enough.

To the OP.... I'd help... but we're in California :( Sorry.

6. Thank you for the correction. I wouldn't want dangerous info out there with my name on it.

I had a mildly successful attempt once with mapp, and assumed it would have been better had my skill been greater.

I stand corrected. Thanks ma'am.

7. Just take some silicon spray or my personal favorite...silly puddy no joke lol and spread over the entire bottom and allow to dry for a new watertight seal. Try to make it look neat and smooth it out and all that shizz.