Where can I get a 600w hps with ring reflectors for a good price??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by saxonmalone, Sep 25, 2014.

1. eBay has been the chreapest I've found but idk if I trust eBay. 600 w hps with wing reflector.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 The303, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    Personally I find Ebay is fine, Just make sure to deal with sellers with like minimum 1000 feedback ratings, and at least 99% positive feedback, Ive used ebay for years and the only time ive ever has issues with quality/returns is with small sellers who don't move much volume. Bigger sellers are happy to accept returns and will try to help Ive found, their feedback rating is so important that they will even take a loss themselves to keep it positive..  

A lot of the bigger ebay sellers also have their own site with slightly cheaper prices , I like to deal with Charlies hydro in the UK, and servovendi in spain. they are on ebay and also have their own sites.. The reason I deal with those 2 sellers is that the postage is always reasonable (like £20 max regardless of weight).  

There are lots of things to consider when buying a kit, not just price...

1. Do you want a complete kit
    2. Do you want a genuine adjust a wing reflector
    3. What ballast do you want, eg. branded, digital, magnetic.
    4. What bulb do you want. eg. branded , deluxe,

You will pay a lot more for a real adjust-a-wing, decent bulb and decent digital ballast, but you get what you pay for too, maybe extra 5% light from a good reflector compared to cheapest, maybe extra 10% light from a good bulb compared to cheapest, maybe extra 10% light from a decent ballast compared to the cheapest.. That possible extra 25% light/lumens can equate to an extra 25% bud if everything works out right. ;)

3. Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I don't know what a ring is. Amazon sells apollo hps lights cheap enough that's here I got mine and I have had good luck so far. I don't trust ebay either. My 600w hps with reflector was like $150 or something ballast bulb reflector and all. Check out amazon is my advice use a cheap setup until you can afford a better one. Of course with hps you need an inline fan active air has inline fans 6" for like $80.

5. #5 tmntgrower, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    All hps lights are about the same nowadays, some are a little better with energy consumption but not much. Apollo puts out numbers very similar to the expensive hid equipment. It's really about how long equipment will last not specs of how good they grow with hid systems. Unless you are talking about like a grow lite og air cooled vertical bulb. Those aren't cheap, apollo or ipower is just fine. Sun systems is another cheaper brand that is decent as well. Don't listen to the above poster he paid $2000 for his setup and thinks you can't grow pot without spending t much on a line. Probably owns a hydro store. There is no way you are getting an extra 25 percent light off a 600watt setup unless you bought a $5 10yr old hid setup he is full of it. Also not sure he knows what watt means in hid setups 600w means you are drawing over 600w cheap ones draw more power than pricey ones but they both put 600w at bulb. Dual spectrum lights double ended bulbs are better but they are costly.

6. #6 morange, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    I've spent 150 before on a cooltube and ipower 600W ballast from amazon. It worked, but only for about 2 months. I would recommend getting a good trusted brand.

http://htgsupply.com/Product-Digital-Greenhouse-%20600w-HPS-Grow-Light 200 bucks you will have everything you need.

and it is guaranteed for 5 years under warranty.

EDIT: anytime I've ever had issues with bad equipment (example a bulb burning out after a few months) they always send a free replacement.

7. OP why don't you trust ebay? I sell alot of blu rays and video games on ebay, and when I say ebay always sides with the buyer, I mean ALWAYS. If there's a problem with your transaction, you can open a case against the seller. If the seller doesn't respond then eBay refunds your money.

I believe that is refering to when they started providing the warrenty. I haven't had it for 5 years (maybe 1.5 now? not sure) but I know that mines covered for quite some time.

9. Yeah I got that I am wrong for sure.

10. Amazon for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Check your local hydro stores some of them have just as good prices and combos to get stuff out the door.