Where can I find a blowtorch???

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Bwood15, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Just got a skillet, but I need a blowtorch for it. I dont wanna little dinky one that will run out fast, I'm talkin about a bigger one that will last me.

2. Hardware stores? I personally use a torch that connects to the cheap disposable cannisters for cheap gas as it's rather pricey where I live.

3. I just dont want a small one that i burn through. I want a bigger one that'll last.

4. ...I have bought proper oxy blow torches in hardware stores, what could be bigger than that?

5. THats perfect, how much are they and what hardware stores? I looked them up in home depot and there weren't any.

6. Man, how high are you? An oxy blow torch will solid steel!

7. [quote name='"kgeorge"']Man, how high are you? An oxy blow torch will solid steel![/quote]

What exactly does "will solid steel" mean?

8. What is a skillet?

9. Sorry, melt.

10. What kind of torch, harbor freight has oxygen acetylene torches for pretty cheap if that's what you need

11. I need a torch that will be able to make my metal skillet hot enough to melt the wax. I dont want a small one that will take alot to heat it up, and I dont want one that will burn the skillet or be too strong for it.

12. Bed bath and beyond dude. 30 bucks but its quality. Watch some videos and you'll see a ton of people have the same one.

13. Any hardware store should rona has quite a few different ones

14. You sure there weren't any? I got mine at Home Depot....they had a whole section of them.

Benzomatic Propane Torch

15. #18 HighOnTheTotem, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    Any hardware store worth its weight in salt will carry "Benzomatic" brand blowtorches that run on propane and use disposable, pre-filled propane cylinders that are cheap, last forever, and get the job done. Look near the plumbing section, as these torches are often used for soldering. There are models that have torch tips that you have to light by hand (ie. with a lighter/match) and there are nicer models that include a trigger and igniter mechanism. Propane is fine for lighting skillets and heating nails, but it's not a good choice for lighting bowls, FYI, as it tastes like ass and (to my knowledge) isn't that clean burning. A picture (of a benzomatic torch with the newer trigger/igniter combo) is included below.

[​IMG]

Otherwise, you can opt for a more exensive culinary torch often carried at restuarant supply stores, bed bath and beyond (as someone else mentioned), and probably your local wal-mart (if you look hard enough). Look in the baking/cooking area, as these torches are predominantly used for making creme brulee. Ask a store associate for help, they'll know exactly what you're talking about if you mention creme brulee. These torches run on butane, which is more expensive than propane, but is probably more easily accessible. A picture is included below.

[​IMG]

Oh, and don't listen to anyone suggesting that you get an oxy-acetylene torch. These torches are used for cutting thick metals like steel. They are extremely expensive, require a huge tank setup (like scuba tank size), and won't do what you want them to.

16. Wahahahaha please tell me your getting a oxy acetylene torch

Edit: Heres a pic of OP taking a haul.

Attached Files:

17. Hardware store. Get a plumbing torch.

Lol I always wanted to vape some oil in welding class using one of the torches but I never had any. I miss welding, that shit is fun.