Where can I buy huge cfl lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by noobstealthsmoker, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ok I want a 200 watt cfl or bigger where can I buy the actual grow light I have a grow cab set up with a veg side and a flower side now I just need to know where I can buy the big bulbs on a budget

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/600-watt-equal-cfl-compact-fluorescents/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Check craigslist. I got a tent, 125w CFL w/ballast and reflector for 60 bucks. also browse amazon.

4. If your going to be using a cfl equivalent to 200 watts why not look into a small 250 watt mh/hps set up? Your end results would be much better and the different in heat probably wouldn't be that much more.

5. Because I'm going to learn how to do it right before I do anything like that. Plus money is a issue being I'm gonna be in surgery next week and off work for 7-18 months

6. Ah ok. You can find used systems on craigslist but make sure the seller will let you power it up and run it for atleast 15 minutes first if you go that route. The larger cfl bulbs tend to have a shorter life span then the smaller ones and they will generate a decent amount of heat.  By the way I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

7. It's just my ankles and knee funny story me and a friend were redoing the roof on his garage and we packed a bowl 4 times with a mixture of 3 kings blue dream and some Alaskan thunder fuck u wanna talk about strong lol anyway long story short I jumped off the roof instead of using the ladder and snap crackle and pop and barely any pain due to the lovely natural medicine

• Like Like x 1
  8. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1252862-How-many-fans-do-I-need???

You might be able to help me out with this

9. If you want to learn how to do it right, you should seriously consider HPS then. Hell, you could even get a 150w self ballasted HPS if you wanted to save on electricity, or you can get a cheap 400w grow kit off amazon for a hundo. Im looking into this 600w thunder grow kit, air cooled ballast, supernova mh and hps bulbs, all for 157 bucks. 5 year warrenty. Their definatly affordable. I mean a 125w cfl is about 50 bucks alone. you can tripple your yield with this lighting system. Your getting more for your money. thats including electric costs AND purchase costs. for 157 bucks, you can have a ballast, air-cooled hood, 2 bulbs, timer, and ratchet hangers with a 5 yr warrenty. if you dont need air-cooled, then its even cheaper. Read some peoples grow journals and see their yields in CFL's compared to HPS of the same wattages. just smoke a couple bowls and zone out in grass city just reading. itll all come to you.

10. I appreciate the thought but a cfl grow is all I can do at the moment due to little space and I have about 5 surgeries coming my way and a cfl grow is the only thing I can manage at the moment believe me I have heard many good things about hps I just want to wait till I get a dedicated room to grow in plus I am fine with 14 maybe 20 grams of nice bud every 60 days plus what I normally get lol my buddy grinds his herb just for Keef and gives me the bud left over

Search "CFL reflector" on Amazon and you'll see all kinds for $26 and up.

The bulbs run $14 and up, so you can certainly get them inexpensively.  Although you'll get better results growing under 2700k for veg and 6500k for flower, I've been growing one under 150w of 5000k light just fine.  

I highly doubt you'd be getting 20 grams - hell, don't expect 14.  CFL grows, in this small wattage, aren't exactly known for large yields.

12. When my old man grew in his day that's all he used floros and he would get like a ounce per plant

I didn't say you can't get a ounce off a plant.  But I will guarantee you won't get an ounce off of a plant with a 200w CFL - not even in the ballpark.

Let some senior growers correct me here, but that simply isn't enough lumens to get a plant to grow big enough to produce an ounce.

I've got one 150w HPS on top, and two 15" CFL's  on either side vertically (a 150w 5000k and a 125w 6500k ).  That's complete top and side coverage, plant was topped and is pulled back LST - I'm running 425 watts - and I'll be lucky to get an ounce.

Not trying to be negative.  Hell, I hope you grow a 1lb plant.  Just want you to plan ahead and not get disappointed.  

14. If youre running 425watts & you cant pull an ounce you need to do some more cfl growing research cause youre obviously doing something wrong, ive seen people pull ounces off plants with just over 200watts of cfl bulbs... My brother just harvested 30gs dried off his plant he was growing with 2 100w cfls, he had to do alot of lst & the lights were close as fuck but its possible, so you must be doing something wrong if you cant pull an ounce with the wattage youre using ;)

Sent from my X10a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. And I appreciate that but this is just for now I just know from personal experience with floro grows my dad did it every year all year and he would do 8 plants and in the end all dried he had roughly 8-9 ounces every time and he didn't use nutes or ferts just his own mix and bag seed and it was some straight murder. Pretty much what I am doing is copying his technique and tweeking it but I understand I might only get a few grams but it's trial and error and I also forgot to mention that the larger bulbs are just going to be the main bulbs and I'm going to have 200 more watts of side lightning so roughly I will have 600 watts of floros for each side cause I am going to have the veg side just the mother and clones and have about 8 plants just like my dads set up and where I live its far from legal to grow hell if you have a ft tall plant they can charge you with possession of a pound of marijuana and charge you with manufacturing

"its possible, so you must be doing something wrong"   <---- I love that - "it's possible".   So is time travel, it doesn't mean everyone can do it, nor does it make your story true because you say so on the Interwebs.

30 grams dried?  200 watts of CFL?  Produce a grow journal with pics or kick rocks.  30 grams.... love it.

:rolleyes: 

LOL - that changes things then, huh?  600 is much better than 200, if I remember from grade school.  And it's equal to note you've got some substantial "all over" coverage going on there.  With your Pop's experience, you should do better than a typical new grower.  Heck, those are some great footsteps to be following!

Have you already got a grow room set up?  Interested in seeing your setup.

18. Yea back when I was like 3 he used to grow outdoors and he would put out about 300 plants all over town meaning the country and at one time he harvested roughly a pound a plant give or take a ounce my old man used to sell garbage bags full of bud and I grow a few in my outdoor garden but this is my first indoor set up

19. This is the rough design I'm going to keep the plants small

Attached Files:

20. All painted

Attached Files: