Where can I buy good soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Romka07, Jun 28, 2017.

1. kellog's organic patio mix.

2. CFLs work fine for veg, but not flowering.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

3. I'm sort of going to agree with the coco guys but I'm going to say promix/20%perlite instead.

Coco is more ph sensitive then promix. Coco also require more attention to cal/mag supplementation. I think promix is every bit as good of a medium. It has the advantage of being more like soil in that it includes a ph buffer if you buy the varieties that have dolomite lime. It's not as picky as coco which requires strictly accurate low hydro ph with not much varying.

Promix is better for a loose rookie on a budget that probably doesn't have a pro quality ph meter. I recommend Sunshine promix 4. It's all I use. It actually has coco in it. Peat Moss, Coco, Perlite, Dolomite Lime, and organic wetting agents. I mix in an additional 15-20% perlite and it makes a wonderful medium.

I'm also a big fan of GH's floranova bloom. I think it's the best single bottle grow solution for cannabis in promix. A single bottle is hard for a rookie to screw up and it's a reasonable price. About $20 a quart. It's concentrated enough you can veg with 2-3ml's a gallon no problem. It includes as much cal/mag as most cal/mag supplements. 4% cal 2% magnesium. 4-8-7 NPK profile.

Promix/perlite, fabric pots (5-7 gallon for finish), and a bottle of GH floranova bloom. I could grow with those 4 things super healthy plants. I've done it that's my basic veg formula even though I do have a cabinet of supplements. I do DWC and promix in the same garden. They get fed nearly the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hey man, you put in a lot of information, and I thank you. But I understand maybe 5% of what you said. This is my first grow ever. Lol. And those mediums you described, can they be store bought?

• Like Like x 1
  5. 10-20%. Remember that promix/perlite has hardly any nutrients in it, just enought to sprout a seed and keep it alive for a week or so. It's basically a hydroponic medium and you need to feed the plant constantly. That puts all the control in your hands instead of depending on the soil mix. You need that quart of GH floranova bloom and a cheap syringe with measurements on it. When the plant is a seedling feed at 1ml/gallon. Once the plant is about 6" to a foot tall and has some leaves you can raise the feed rate to 2/ml/gallon. When the plant starts to get large or if you notice any deficiency you can increase to 3-4ml/s a gallon for mid to late veg 4-10 week old plant. In flower you can feed it up to 5-7ml's/gallon depending on lighting and strain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've not used promix but from what this guy is saying I'd say go with his advise sounds like best of both worlds RE: coco/soil and your level of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk