Where are we going?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by yurigadaisukida, Jul 20, 2011.

1. in about 3000 years our population increased by about 10 billion, and it will go up steadily

Moore's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

technology is increasing exponentially.

nano technology, phychology, genetics, and prothcetics, are improving at increasing rates as well.

the singularity truely is near, and even without significant increases in ability, designs and concepts will be greatly imrpvoed upon, as we slowly obtain more and more resources in endless space.

Here is my vission of the future.

All humans will be able to communicate with eachother instantly and telepathically.

All knowlege will be ready for instant download.

Technology for spaceflight, and energy conversion will improve allowing the universe to be our resource.

Human concious will be linked and eventually become one,
    and Man will be as Ants, spreading into eternity.

Perhaps another even higher being will see us as pests, and we will become the hunted.

2. i think your theory is slightly flawed. for one tech advances such as processing speed have and will continue to taper off. for example, remember back in the mid 90's when home pc's were like 200megahertz then like 2 months later there were 400mhtz then another 2 months and there were 800mhtz. fast forward to today and the top home pc's are at around 3.3ish gigaherts. my pc from 2006 is 2.3 gigaherts... only a 1/3 increese in 5 years!

lastly just take a trip to the third world or really any non western nation and see how advanced they are, in fact go to the bible belt of our own nation where global warming is a fairy tail, and you tell me we as a civilization are anywhere near what you were thinking.

but hey, you can never rule out the "einstein moment" that leap frogs us and you could be totally right. im just saying its prety unlikly.
    -:smoke:peace

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uIzS1uCOcE]‪Ray Kurzweil Explains the Coming Singularity‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

0:55 to 1:05

4. It seems every thought process put forth on this seems to be the human race being killed. Maybe we should actually design something to /succeed/.

5. robots wont replace humans thats the wrong way to look at it.

we will evolve into them, they will be as our children

6. I guess you don't have any human children.