Where are the bees?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by davidtokehead, Sep 15, 2012.

1. so this whole summer i only saw like 5 bees maximum. where did they all go? in previous years i saw more bees but this year almost non, and i was outside doing outdoor activities all summer

2. they came to my place god damn already had to get rid of 4 hives

3. hahaha dam so that where the were. really you have four hives removed from your house?

4. Bee population is a huge issue.. think over the past 5 years there was like an 80% decline in the honey bee population... they are thinking its linked to a chemical used in a certain pesticide... I have a decent sized garden.. So i saw no shortage of bees myself this year

5. they're all swarming my hummingbird feeders

6. Bees are dying off.
    I live in Florida and saw a lot of bees this year but definatly not as many as previous years.

7. #7 BudButler, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
    [quote name='"davidtokehead"']hahaha dam so that where the were. really you have four hives removed from your house?[/quote]

Ya 1 was really big rest were all small

8. Rather motherfucking wasps should die, I hate those bitches. Bees are like angels to evil wasps.

9. #9 smokehound, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    We get tons of em around my house.

In winter the oxalis explodes and our backyard is full of yellow flowers.

Sometimes the bloom is so excessive that honeybees will abandon their former home and swarm at my house. :/

I laugh when people claim the extinction of honeybees will kill us.

A lot of people don't know this, but the common green blowfly is just as effective a pollinator as honeybees!

Why the wasp hate? Wasps kill black widows, caterpillars, annoying-ass cicadas, and the tarantula hawk is pretty much the most badass insect ever!

We allow paper wasps to build their nests around our home.

They do one hell of a Job eradicating destructive tomato hornworms!

My better boy harvest was incredible thanks to them!

10. We dont have black widows and tarantula hawks here. And we are not gardering over here :)

11. where do you live?

Widow spiders are cosmopolitan and found everywhere except the polar regions..

As are spider wasps.

12. Czech.

13. i've become more tolerant over the years towards bees.. seeing as they help the garden like another poster mentioned.. but fuck the tarantula hawk.. anything like that comes near me i'm grabbing a bat