Where are my clones?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JTB, Jul 9, 2009.

1. So I know its been awhile since I had a garden but I didnt think I would forget how to do this. My plants look absolutely wonderful (for the most part- although I'm going to post another question on another thread) but the problem is, I've been waiting for an oppertunity to clone them and have not yet found one. I started from seed and the strains are pure indicas (amsterdam Indica as well as Hindu Kush). The cycle was about 6 weeks 24 hrs under florecents and now they are under 12/12 HPS. The plants are growing thick with bud but they are pretty much single stalks with only about 4-6 leafs coming out of the main stem. The leafs are single and protrude directly with no nodes (does that make sense?). This leaves me nowhere that I can find to snitp off a single clone let alone multiple. What should I do?

2. you can't clone your plant when its in the flowering stage, only in the Veg stage. Sorry dude :(

3. thats not true.....all you gatta do is..take a Shoot..preferably one with a small bud on it...trim off all the bud...get some rooting hormone Dip it in there,plant in a medium...and make sure to veg for 24 hours the first week or so...to really kick it back into the vegg stage :D

4. so if you have a clipping from a flowering plant, you can clip off all the buds, and re grow just the stem? and it regrows roots? and buds?
    do you clip off the leaves along with the buds?

5. clip off all the buds only.....if there are leaves growing out of the buds...Clip them to....

"you can clip off all the buds, and re grow just the stem?...Yes

"and it regrows roots?" Yes

"and buds?" Yes

6. I think what he's saying, and this is what I remember doing years ago, was when the plant has some smaller buds on it, not ready for harvest by any means, u can clip those shoots. The prob is, like I mentioned, the genetics of these two particular dank strains, all the growth is verticle. Iv been waiting for an oppertunity to clip but still can't find one. Maybe should I have pruned the plant in the beginning? Still confused

7. thanks dude, major major help.
    once you start getting it back into the vegging stage, what kind of progress should i look for? and how should i water them?

8. For everyone reading this, this is true that you can do it. But first off its dumb if it has thick buds on it and not just hairs. And second its just dumb to clone a flowering plant...

Save some energy and clone in veg..

9. w let you ask this then- this may be a stupid question but. . . after the plant is matured and you harvest the bud, can you replant from the harvested plant? what I mean is, can you use the stem or parts of the plant that you just harvested to start over? because like I said, these strains are growing with all the bud on the central stem and there are no other shoots that I can clip off to clone. The bud is dank and has strong strong growth so I'd like to keep the genes somehow.

10. Yes....its a process called re-vegging...Where you keep the original stem and fan leaves and simply re vegg until it gets some bushy growth and then flower again....very possible....or breed it with some other bushy plant..lol :D

11. alright, thats cool. Well, would I be able to cut the plant size down before revegging? because Im vegging under floresents for short cycles and then popping them into flowering. This is just the way I was taught way back when.