Whens the earliest i can transplant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dingus, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Hey guys I'm not a beginner but I wasn't really sure where else to post this.. Here we have a seedling that was given to me. She is a Jack Herer. Anyway I run coco hempy buckets and I was wondering what the earliest time to transplant her from soil to coco would be.

She is working on her 3rd leaf set above the cotyledons.

Attached Files:

2. I would wait until its roots get established and it starts growing taller

3. yeah. I was just worried about if it would be stressed by switching from soil to coco which uses the hydro pH scale. Then again it would be stressed equally if not more by transplanting when its so small too.. stuck in a predicament.

4. Yea if there is peat in the soil it can affect your ph so you might want to break it up and try to get most of it off..i dont think it will stress it too bad just slowly lower it like go 6.0 then 5.8

5. I wish I knew what was in the soil. It was literally given to me the way it is in the photos. Plenty of perlite, the soil itself is quite dark.

6. Okay so its been a little bit and i think she is ready for transplant now. Any objections? She has some roots poking out of the bottom of the current pot so her roots have at least reached the bottom. She is now working on her 5th leaf set, 3 nodes high not counting the cotyledon node working on 4th node.

Again she is jack herer feminized, known for 4 different phenos 3 of which are mostly sativa. I think i got the indica pheno as she has some fat leaves. Even fatter than my blue rhino in flowering right now which i thought was mostly indica but stretched QUITE A BIT.

Attached Files:

7. I transplanted mine way before that and there doing fine.

8. Great! I will tp her soon then. My main concern was not the tp itself but from soil to coco

9. Not 100% but I don't think it'll be too bad. I went from a time release soil, to a soiless mix, and they seemed to love it. Good luck!

10. So i dd the transplant and my jack herer is basically keeling over and dying. I did a few days before the weekend last week. She was looking fine when i left and i come back to this. Is there anything i can do to save her? Perhaps flush or even another tp?

Attached Files:

11. Yea i was going to say dont transplant it yet..it was still focusing on root growth and you disturbed that so it stressed it..just have to wait and hope it bounces back

12. You can transplant it at any point. Think about it people germ in paper towels then just bury the root. Just make sure if your transplanting a solo cup that you water it first. It helps keep the soil in shape so you don't rip the tap root off.

13. when you transplant in a way that removes a lot of the roots, its a good idea to also remove an equal amount of foliage. thats what the plant did on its own now, I think its gonna recover fine if you dont treat it for the wrong stuff.

14. Yeah you were right!
    I hope you are correct but something tells me herer is not diggin the coco. The way its leaves are shriveling looks like n def from not being able to adjust to hydro scale from soil. Even the newest growth has yellowing tips.

15. It could be from the coco not having nutes like you said cause it does look like n either lockout from ph or not enough..could also be overwatering..did you give it nutes last time you watered?

16. I actually didnt water it once while herer was still in the soil. I pre charged the coco though with very light nutes. 1.5ml ffgb and 1ml calmag.

17. did you separate the soil from the roots at all or just put the soil right in the coco?

18. I took her out of the pot and ran my faucet through the rootball a bit which took off a bit of loose stuff but i didnt want to go through the rootball and possibly damage her roots more than help them

19. you hurt the plant by rinising the roots off. that was their enviornment, their house and you distrubed it, not in a gradual manner. itll heal. let the soil dry out.

20. Well if you soaked the coco with nutes its most likely ph and not switching to the coco well or it still might need more nutes..not sure the ppm of 1.5ml but i gave them 300-400 ppm when they were small when i did coco