When you were younger, did you think weed was "bad"?

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Dec 12, 2007.

1. I remember I did. When I was in junior high, I found out one of our friends smoked, and I thought he was a druggie and I had no idea why he would do something like that. And in health class, I believed every word they said about marijuana. :eek: I don't think until I tried it when I was like 16 when I realized it was not as bad as they were telling us, and not as bad as I thought. Although until a few years ago, I did not realize that it has no business being illegal.

2. same way with me.

3. I thought it was bad up until about a year ago...I'm 21 now. Honestly, I just believed all the crappy government propaganda. It sucks because that's what the general public believes, too. It's very hard to convince them otherwise when the MSM broadcasts lies about it on a daily basis.

4. well there were a ton of these propaganda programs at my school like DARE and MENDEZ
    but i never paid attention, pot was never really talked about around me so when i encountered it the first time i really didnt know what i was getting into
    later on i found out how shelterd i was
    (excuse the spelling=P)

5. Well, I think programs like DARE aren't bad. The real propaganda is the shit like "Above the Influence" and the anti-pot commercials and shit. I do think that kids shouldn't really be smoking, but it shouldn't be an issue like it is for responsible adults.

6. I thought it was bad until i was around it alot, I didnt even try it until a year and a half ago (17), and even then i didnt smoke much. But now that im in college i smoke all the time lol.

I remember i thought it was worse than even heroin and crack and stuff because of DARE in 5th grade...

7. does anyone remember what they were teaching kids in DARE about 10 years ago regarding weed? I never paid attention in those classes, not because I did not agree with what we were being taught, but I just never paid attention in any class before I started college. :D I wish I could remember what they taught us though, like if they were teaching us that marijuana is deadly and dangerous.

8. ^^ that if you touch a joint then youll go on to do harder drugs like crack!!

i seem to remember them having their heads so far up their asses, that theyd tell the kids to not only say no, but if they found it they shouldnt touch it, uh oh and to tell an adult right away (that way they can smoke it)

9. Yeah, they did go about it the wrong way. But kids at that age didn't need to be smoking weed anyways. Middle school is a bit early to start, imo.

10. I thought it was bad up until my teenage years when I started to question what I was being told. I remember in elementary school thinking "Yeah right.... I'll never do drugs. They're only for criminals and stupid low class people." I found it hard to believe that I would actually be given the opportunity to try them for myself in a few short years. Marijuana, along with other drugs wasn't really a reality... it was something you saw in the movies or read about in the newspaper.

Then in high school, one of my best friends started smoking weed. At first I was totally against it thinking he was throwing his life away. Eventually though I realized he wasn't a failure, he wasn't dead, and nothing in his life seemed to be negatively affected by it. I was about 13 or 14 when I finally decided I wanted to give it a try, and then my friend got busted by the cops. He was expelled from school and his life immediately started to go downhill, so I associated this with his marijuana use. I became "straight edge" for about a year or so, refusing to ever try a drug.

Then when I was 15 I moved to a new school and started hanging out with a bunch of kids who smoke. I finally realized once and for all that it wasn't bad, and I gave it a try. I can't really say I got that high the first time, but I tried it a few more times and.... the rest is history.

11. ive been around weed my whole life, and it was always normal to see my parents and my friends parents blazing

12. It's funny because I remember a specific instance in my DARE class in 4th grade where they told us that. Some kid raised his hand and said "If I found a joint and picked it up to throw it away, would I get in trouble?" Our teacher responded with something to the effect of "Yes, because the drug can absorb into your skin through your fingers, and you could accidentally overdose." True story.

13. I had to post this shit

you know what dog food tastes like??? tastes just like it smells...delicious

have any of you had a drug awareness week like this??

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/orE15Ijztt0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/orE15Ijztt0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. I never did. My parents always told me that alcohol was the worst drug, contrary to what DARE said.

15. Yep, DARE had me by the balls for a minute, especially in elementary school.

16. I always thought DARE was bullshit, and I was always curious about trying ganja. I think DARE might have actually been a catalyst in my weed smoking career.

17. i was such a 'good' student back then, i remember turning someone in to DARE because i saw them smoking after school one day.

i was such a nerd.

18. I never thought weed was "bad" but I didn't enjoy people who smoked it. I think there needs to be a certian level of maturity before anyone can handle drugs. Growing up I was however completely against acid and coke, I said I would never do them, they're so bad for you.. ect... but now, i have a different outlook.

19. I went through DARE, but I never really understood the big deal about weed, my cousins were hardcore drug addicts so I knew like heroin and crack were bad.

I first thought some drugs were cool when I had to do a report about magic mushrooms for my health class in like 8th grade :p

I didn't smoke weed until right before my senior year in HS though, I drank all day everyday instead, now I don't really drink at all and I smoke bud all day everyday LOL :D

20. Well when I was in elementary school I thought all drugs were bad. But in reality all that DARE shit made me more curious when I got older.