Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When you use a bong, how long does the weed take to hit you?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jvsdiojisio, Jan 19, 2014.

1. #1 jvsdiojisio, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    On average?

2. Instantly to 2 minutes

3. I mean, anything I smoke I always slightly feel it instantly. But I don't get to the peak til like 5-10 minutes later

4. Is this a serious question? 

5. #5 dankness420, Jan 19, 2014
    usually instant.  But used smoke outside in the winter and it wouldn't hit us until we came inside to the warmth...it was awesome.

6. i would say from 1 sec to 2-3 minutes LONGEST. 95% of the time it takes less than 1 minute

7. #7 irish_texan, Jan 19, 2014
    With a normal heart rate, it takes 2 minutes for the THC to enter the bloodstream. Anything felt before that is a placebo effect, or due to other factors (such as light headedness from a decrease in the normal oxygen flow to the brain).After 5 minutes, the majority of the THC has been absorbed, and after 8 minutes all of the THC from the original hit (not counting other hits taken since) has been absorbed.

8. By 5 minutes, most cannabinoids are absorbed yes, but prior to that some of them are already absorbed and are being taken into the blood stream further.

So effects can definitely be felt prior to 5 minutes. Especially if your body has been deprived of them for a while. Within seconds it enters your blood stream in its activated forms. Not long after it enters into the nearest receptors before reaching the brain. You have receptors in many places in the body. All this can occur in under a minute along with providing a response signal.

9. #9 irish_texan, Jan 19, 2014
    [quote name="Dr. Sheldon Cooper" post="19367664" timestamp="1390118686"]By 5 minutes, most cannabinoids are absorbed yes, but prior to that some of them are already absorbed and are being taken into the blood stream further. So effects can definitely be felt prior to 5 minutes. Especially if your body has been deprived of them for a while. Within seconds it enters your blood stream in its activated forms. Not long after it enters into the nearest receptors before reaching the brain. You have receptors in many places in the body. All this can occur in under a minute along with providing a response signal.[/quote]I said effects can be felt at 2 minutes, and that's under normal conditions. Different heart rate and varying tolerance in the user can affect the exact time. So yes, I agree with what you said. Coincidentally, it agreed with what i originally said.

10. Everybody wins. Hah I love how things like this happen on forums when someone doesn't fully read something :p

And strain can also affect it. Some are creepers, some hit very quick. Not sure why. Possibly the interaction of other lesser known cannabinoids?

For me,I probably feel effects within 5 minutes, often a little less. But some have taken over 10 mins to really kick in.

11. #11 Deleted member 629842, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    I miss when I worked for 8 hours during the summer, and would come home and take a big bong rip that I had prepacked and ready. 
    I say I feel it right away, but most likely 10-15 minutes for the full effect. 
    But that bong rip just feels so great, it almost feels instant. 

I've gotten so used to wake & baking, that only wake & dabbing really messes with my head. 

12. [quote name="Funk-D" post="19366991" timestamp="1390108054"]Is this a serious question? [/quote]Wow definnetly worth the comment. Don't be a jerk man.

Welcome To The Internet. 

But seriously, dumb ass question. 

14. Uh oh, we got a cool guy over here...
    If it was such a dumbass question why did you respond to it?😏
    Thus the troll is found

I think the answer to your inquiry is simple. 
    I was bored, and this is the internet. I saw the thread, and was like. Seriously? Is this a serious question that someone is asking? And then. I thought to myself. No, this can't be a serious questions, it's gotta be a joke thread of some kind. And so, I clicked. And lo' and behold it was a serious question. 

Then of course. I'm disappointed. I was hoping, that maybe it would have been a cool joke thread, using a retarded ass question to lure you in, before pysching you out, with a funny, and entertaining zinger of hilarity. And so, I replied with. A classic, yet always relevant sarcastic, rhetoric. 

And yes, you are right. The guy that's been a member of this board for over five years, with over 5,000 posts. Is totally a troll. 
    No, I was being sarcastic. I'm not at troll, I'm a simple guy on the internet, who saw a question he thought was dumb. And made fun of it, because he was bored,  and there was nothing good on TV, or Netflix. 

16. [quote name="Funk-D" post="19368412" timestamp="1390142211"]I think the answer to your inquiry is simple. I was bored, and this is the internet. I saw the thread, and was like. Seriously? Is this a serious question that someone is asking? And then. I thought to myself. No, this can't be a serious questions, it's gotta be a joke thread of some kind. And so, I clicked. And lo' and behold it was a serious question. Then of course. I'm disappointed. I was hoping, that maybe it would have been a cool joke thread, using a retarded ass question to lure you in, before pysching you out, with a funny, and entertaining zinger of hilarity. And so, I replied with. A classic, yet always relevant sarcastic, rhetoric. And yes, you are right. The guy that's been a member of this board for over five years, with over 5,000 posts. Is totally a troll. No, I was being sarcastic. I'm not at troll, I'm a simple guy on the internet, who saw a question he thought was dumb. And made fun of it, because he was bored, and there was nothing good on TV, or Netflix. [/quote]But it really wasn't that dumb a question...

Kind of is. Even if he was genuinely curious as to just how fast...instant really is. He could've you know just googled it. 

When you smoke weed you feel it, pretty much right away. I mean it's common sense. 

18. If I smoke inside it's instantly to like 1 minute. But if I smoke outside it doesn't really hit me till I go inside it's weird

19. If I smoke inside it's instantly to like 1 minute. But if I smoke outside it doesn't really hit me till I go inside it's weird

20. [quote name="Funk-D" post="19368927" timestamp="1390150887"]He could've you know just googled it.[/quote]That goes for most of the things people talk about on GC. The nice thing about forums is that you can have a discussion.