Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

when you roll a joint, do you...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by shortfuze, May 11, 2009.

1. do you rip off the gummed part?

my buddy was rolling a j the other day and he ripped off the gummed part and i asked him why and he said smoking that part is bad for you.

i don't know if it's bullshit, so i came on gc to ask for your opinions.

2. #2 Kroovy, May 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
    Uhh forgive me for misunderstanding, if I am, but how do you seal the joint and keep it together without the gum?

EDIT: or perhaps you're sealing the two edges with saliva?

3. well I personally dont rip it off but yes you are right, my friend uses saliva to seal it.

4. I've rolled j's on a semi-daily basis for the past 3 years now and never once have i heard of anyone ripping off the gum because it is "unhealthy". But there are alternatives if you're that worried about it, they sell pure cellulose papers that have an all-natural gum on them, you should tell your buddy to look into them

5. I'm almost 100% sure that in most rolling papers the gum is made from natural sap-like oils from plants, and are as bad for you as marijuana.

6. i figured as much, thanks for the replies guys.

7. Never heard that one before. I don't believe it.

8. Never, how you gonna roll a nice two skinner with no gum to stick it.

Load of jibber jabber I say.

9. you sure hes not confused with blunts?

10. if hes worried about being healthy tell him to get a vaporizer, since he seems to be worried about burning things that dont need to be burned.. but honestly i dont think the gummed part could be that bad for you.

11. Does your friend not realize that smoking anything is bad for you? Or that He's still smoking paper?

The gum is to seal the joint, why would I rip it off?

12. Dude, everything is bad for you now. If you're worried about the gum strip, just smoke a bong then roll a joint after when you don't give a shit.

13. if it was unhealthy they wouldnt put in on Js.
    who gives a damn anyways XD

14. Made me LOL.

15. I rip off the gum, makes the joint taste better...who knew.

16. Well, some J paper has natural gum. That should be okay to smoke. But originally rolling paper came without gum; you'd have to tear of a strip and the fibers on the edge of the torn paper will attach to the rest of the paper when moistened. Many companies still sell paper without gum.