When You Die

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Potato Skins, Nov 14, 2013.

1. #61 Boats And Hoes, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013

Just don't stop asking.. and always know what it is you are asking! Clarify your-self, to your own-self, and you won't go wrong, friend. Infidelity of the mind is the gravest sin, as Thomas Paine once said.

2. I would never want to be stuck in those abuse jails. Fuck that. I already promised my mom I'd never do that to her after what her mom went through her last 7 Years in that shithole.

I'll move her in with me if I have to. She drives me nuts, but it love her too much to let her live in a place like that.

Hope my kids have the same mercy on me...or that by then our society will have achieved immortality. Hopefully the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Why am I dying to live if I'm just living to die?

4. Isn't it a shame that when you die you don't do the reverse of when you are born and are alive on your own?  I would welcome sliding back inside a vagina for my eternal sleep. :ey:

“The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating …and you finish off as an orgasm.” -George Carlin

6. From the great beyond we all came, to the great beyond we will all return. 

Death is nothing to fear, so long as you are aware of the Truth. 

And what is that Truth? 

8. I'm my opinion. If there was a God, I don't think he would allow any evidence of his existence, I don't believe in the bible . I think life is a test from a God. It's about faith and being a good person.

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. THERE'S NO "GOD"!!!! You all think if death was so mystical and "not the end" that we would even know about such things, I know what's real, and that's life, seeing one human being coming out of another, that is some amazing shit right there.

10. You say there is no God like it is a fact.

How do you know that?

Just because you saw one human being born out of another?

Nobody can actually say there IS or IS NOT a God. 

11. It all started at one point... God

Sent from my LT30at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. [quote name="Weedity" post="19118690" timestamp="1386436536"]You say there is no God like it is a fact.How do you know that?Just because you saw one human being born out of another?Nobody can actually say there IS or IS NOT a God. [/quote]I can see how one can be upset when their belief system is a complete farce.

13. Actually, that was my point. You CAN'T see. You can't say for a FACT God is not real, you have no proof. Just like religious people have no proof their Gods exist.

Go ahead. PROVE to me God does not exist. 

My point was, it's pretty ignorant of people to say God can NOT exist, to ridicule religion, call it pathetic and a joke, when you yourself can't even prove God IS NOT real. Point being, God could be real or he might not be, and we may never know. That's why I am not religious, do not believe in any particular God, but I won't sit there and mock religion and spout out nonsense that I know God is fake when I actually do not. 

14. [quote name="badboy287" post="19123978" timestamp="1386512099"]I can see how one can be upset when their belief system is a complete farce.[/quote]It's more like you yelling in his face about how his belief system is fake, it's condescending and rude.

15. So "god" is a he apparently and also apparently human :lol: ....... anyway lemme stop derailing the thread.

16. [quote name="badboy287" post="19127355" timestamp="1386550557"]So "god" is a he apparently and also apparently human :lol: ....... anyway lemme stop derailing the thread.[/quote]Petty nitpicking to bring down the opposite opinion of yours to make yourself feel better. Do people's beliefs scare you that much that you find the need to attack it? Does it solidify your beliefs or just make you feel better?

Because whatever can be destroyed by the truth, should be.

And, to go meta for a second, you're attacking badboy287's belief right now, and I'll be damned if you don't feel better about yourself thinking you're above the petty belief-attacking even while you participate in it.

@[member="Weedity"] - Do you believe in Thor? What about Cthulhu? If someone you knew worshipped unicorns, you wouldn't find that just a tiny bit funny? Even though "no one can prove" they don't exist?

18. [quote name="pineapplehalf" post="19130584" timestamp="1386601306"]Because whatever can be destroyed by the truth, should be.And, to go meta for a second, you're attacking badboy287's belief right now, and I'll be damned if you don't feel better about yourself thinking you're above the petty belief-attacking even while you participate in it.@[member="Weedity"] - Do you believe in Thor? What about Cthulhu? If someone you knew worshipped unicorns, you wouldn't find that just a tiny bit funny? Even though "no one can prove" they don't exist?[/quote]Not when it involves people's faiths. You can't disprove or prove faith, it has nothing to do with truth. It's a belief. And his rude condescending tone is what I had a problem with, not his opinion.And I am not attacking his belief, I'm attacking his rude display. No need to try and make me out to be the bad guy just because you support him.

The fact that you think people get to believe whatever they want with no accountability to truth, evidence, reason, or rationality is a big part of why so many people find faith laughable and mock-worthy.

Now, I don't go around mocking folks for their horrible, world-ruining faiths on a regular basis. But that's because I don't enjoy fighting with people all the time, and it would be a never-ending fight, given how many stupid people there are who believe stupid things.

But I will occasionally jump in to defend someone who's right. Being right is more important than being polite. And, really, is there a polite way of telling someone that one of their dearly held beliefs is a fucking joke? No. So it's either say nothing or be rude by daring to question "faith".

More people need to call out unjustified beliefs as the nonsense they are, not less. You ARE the bad guy here, because you're defending a way of life that kills people. Religious war, religious bigotry, manipulation of the masses by politicians and religious leaders (most of whom don't have faith and just use it to gain and maintain power), anti-intellectualism and anti-science battles across the U.S. by people who want to indoctrinate everyone into their faith and ban any science that contradicts their fairy tales.

You are the bad guy.

But you like Doctor Who, so you've got one thing going for you at least.

20. #80 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    [quote name="pineapplehalf" post="19133713" timestamp="1386637400"]The fact that you think people get to believe whatever they want with no accountability to truth, evidence, reason, or rationality is a big part of why so many people find faith laughable and mock-worthy.Now, I don't go around mocking folks for their horrible, world-ruining faiths on a regular basis. But that's because I don't enjoy fighting with people all the time, and it would be a never-ending fight, given how many stupid people there are who believe stupid things.But I will occasionally jump in to defend someone who's right. Being right is more important than being polite. And, really, is there a polite way of telling someone that one of their dearly held beliefs is a fucking joke? No. So it's either say nothing or be rude by daring to question "faith".More people need to call out unjustified beliefs as the nonsense they are, not less. You ARE the bad guy here, because you're defending a way of life that kills people. Religious war, religious bigotry, manipulation of the masses by politicians and religious leaders (most of whom don't have faith and just use it to gain and maintain power), anti-intellectualism and anti-science battles across the U.S. by people who want to indoctrinate everyone into their faith and ban any science that contradicts their fairy tales.You are the bad guy.But you like Doctor Who, so you've got one thing going for you at least.[/quote]I am not the bad guy. Lol. Sorry you stick up for rudeness. I'm not even defending religion in any way, just their right to discsussion and not having someone yelling in their face over their beliefs, which is ridiculous, I'd never attack someone's beliefs directly or on purpose.For the record, I'm a big advocate of the truth,and pointing out misinformation, but to attack someone's religious beliefs is simply rude, fueled by other motives which is why I was asking bad boy why he replied, and to act superior because of it, naw sorry that's just uncalled for on my books.I do not believe in god. But I would never essentially laugh in someone's face and tell them he doesn't exist, or then try to nitpick their words in order to find fault and wrongness in heir beliefs. That accomplishes nothing but narcissistic rationale.