When You Die

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Potato Skins, Nov 14, 2013.

1. The funny thing about fear of death

Is that as soon as the "power" to our brain shuts off, all the fear is gone. Everything is gone. There is no longer any consciousness to experience.

And all the images we're seeing, all the thoughts we're thinking, are all just beautiful energy interacting divinely all around us, everywhere. Understanding it the way we do is just an accident of evolution.

Don't worry guys, the end is never the end.

2. "When you die".........you often excrete your waste....yes they shit their pants.  :laughing:

3. On topic and worth a listen. :smoke:

4. #44 jmick, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    I fear the last few years of life much more than death. Imagine being 80 years old and having lost all your family and friends and being in a nursing home with no one to be your advocate...and you lie there with only your thoughts while being ignored or shunned by the staff that should be helping make your last days more bearable....that's what worries me, I would welcome death in such a situation....

5. #45 kayakush, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013

you answered your own question with your question.....what is the point to living?  is there any real reason?  those answers are what you live your life, to find them, the meaning........maybe not

6. Nope

----------------------------------
    Roll, Roll, Roll Your Joint
    Twist It At The End
    Light It Up, Take A Puff,
    Pass It To A Friend!

7. I believe that life is like a light switch when its off its off, there is nothing more to it. but live your life to the fullest, smoke ur weed an enjoy the ride.

8. #48 Boats And Hoes, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013

It's quite naive to believe "reality" or apperception of  'consciousness' is that austerely symmetrical. Reality is a lot deeper than what your eye 'sees', for it's precisely not the 'eye' that sees.

9. Its not that im saying to believe in reality, but accept that your here. Something truly amazing put a start to this so called "universe" & it just so happened that your here and alive . Why worry about death.? Live and dont take life as granted.

10. #50 Boats And Hoes, Nov 22, 2013

Right, I totally agree. I'm just saying, I don't think the death of the tangibly hollow body is the 'end', i.e., lights out. Simply a spiritual transition.. sort of like the caterpillar's rapid gradation from one form of being (consciousness) to another.

11. The you that you think of as "you" will probably cease to exist after the body dies... but the real you is much bigger, more amazing, strange, and mysterious.

That's where I'm at so far....

12. I have thought alot about what happens after death. But it seems every time i do there is no conclusion. No proof to the creation of life, or what happens afterwords. So many questions un-answered, it seems to be that if the human race dosent wipe its self off the face of the universe then what shall happen when the suns lifetime comes to an end and becomes a black dwarf . Id like to know these answers by the end of my life, possibly after the death of my physical body the answers are reviled.?

13. #53 Boats And Hoes, Nov 22, 2013

Have you ever 'seen' the one who 'sees' what is seen by your tangibly personal (and pair of) eyes? Not the tangible body or pair of eyes that is seen when standing before a mirror, but, the one who sees a reflection of the body and pair of eyes it (the 'x') is seeing through?

14. I have not. Its almost like a barrier, it wont let me become one with myself.

15. #55 Boats And Hoes, Nov 22, 2013

Say hello to your intangible and immaterial soul - that will one day shed the body (the 'worldly' fixed form of consciousnesses) it, momentarily, inhabits. The intangible entity behind the tangible barrier...

16. #56 RippedMonk, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013

Nobody can troll a personal opinion like you can, and with such pretentiousness.  You are truly amazing....this smoke is for you. :rolleyes: :smoke:

If only you were philosophically inclined, dude.

I've always been, I just avoid you.  I bet if you and I sat down and smoked we'd be fine, but reading your posts is like shoving a icepick under my toenails. :huh:

19. I feel as if society with its lies make it harder then ever. But one day itl happen & hopefully my questions will be answered in time.

lol ! I've totally thought that about you, oddly enough. I thought to myself, if only we could discuss this stuff in person, it would be a whole more effective and coherent (from your perspective, that is).