When will they start making bud? lots of pics.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Bkinboston, Aug 12, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Bkinboston"']Question:

I'm in the Boston area it's starting to get cold the nights are 46 degrees with a cold wind blowing , wanted to know if my plants will last til oct I'm guessing that's when harvest time should be.

Well the plant feel that it's getting colder and go thru the blooming process faster knowing its life cycle is coming to an end?[/quote]

Yea id like to know the same, it was 7 degrees when i woke up this morning.... I was expecting to harvest A few days before halloween but with temps like these il have to harvest by the end of
    September!

2. [quote name='"Magiggle"']

Yea id like to know the same, it was 7 degrees when i woke up this morning.... I was expecting to harvest A few days before halloween but with temps like these il have to harvest by the end of
    September![/quote]

There is no way it was 7 degrees and your plant is still alive.

3. #23 Magiggle, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    I have not been to my spot to check them since..... I hope your wrong as i have 13 ladies out in the jungle :(

4. youll be ok just keep checking weather

5. [quote name='"lager88"']youll be ok just keep checking weather[/quote]

Ya i was thinking if anything maybe they will have some colour to them from being exposed to sudden cold over night

6. R u talking F or C. If F then they are dead for sure. Anything under freezing is bad what ever that may be for C

7. [quote name='"NorCali86"']R u talking F or C. If F then they are dead for sure. Anything under freezing is bad what ever that may be for C[/quote]

Its celsius

8. [quote name='"Magiggle"']

Its celsius[/quote]

So what is freezing for u. Anything below that is bad.

9. [quote name='"NorCali86"']

So what is freezing for u. Anything below that is bad.[/quote]

0 degrees is freezing

10. [quote name='"Magiggle"']

0 degrees is freezing[/quote]

Lol. I forgot that. That was like 10 grade science class there. U should be good then

11. Remove the male those are pollen sacks if your females get polllanted they will stop producing bud and start producing seeds.That sativa (long skinny leaves)will take longer to finish than the indica(fat shorter leaves),think the sativa is like 75-90 days to finish from first sighn of the preflower(white hairs)the indica is around 45-75 days depending on strain just a ball park figure to start checking the triclones for color clear milky,amber, chop it when its milky white triclones.

12. Thanks for the info. It helps in a big way , I know I'm getting close but I think I still need 2 plus weeks more , I hope the weather holds up.

Attached Files:

13. Pic update ,wanted to ask how much longer should it be till harvest??

Attached Files:

14. At least 3 weeks if not more.

15. [quote name='"Bkinboston"']Pic update ,wanted to ask how much longer should it be till harvest??[/quote]

Id say 3 weeks

16. Thanks for the love can't wait to cut dry then smoke in that order I beleave.

17. [quote name='"Bkinboston"']Pic update ,wanted to ask how much longer should it be till harvest??[/quote]

I'm around the same lat as you with 3 diff strains outdoors. I'm yanking mine around the 14th. Like they said, amber trichomes is what I go by. Plus, a lot of the hairs are still white on yours.

18. Well it's rainy on my end , only good thing is the temp is not going below 30 weather wise. I was trying to shot for oct 20 for harvest? Is this realistic or I might to cut it early if it gets to cold?

image-107564864.jpg

Drying area

image-1358773917.jpg

Drying area

Attached Files:

19. [quote name='"Bkinboston"']Well it's rainy on my end , only good thing is the temp is not going below 30 weather wise. I was trying to shot for oct 20 for harvest? Is this realistic or I might to cut it early if it gets to cold?

Drying area

Drying area[/quote]

Oct 20 should be a good window. If you have a magnifier that will help. I go by the trichomes and the hairs. When a lil over half the hairs are completely brown or whatever color other than white, you'll notice the trichomes will be cloudy and start to become amber. That's when you get ready. As soon as about 30-40% amber, yank the ladies. You won't know if the trichs are right unless you have a magnifier.