When will the American dollar collapse?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrblonde77, Oct 17, 2008.

1. When? With our current Fed system constantly manipulating and inflating our currency it IS bound to happen at some point. The current times are just the beginning of a long, sad story. The American currency is bound to collapse. We spend trillions of dollars we don't have, so instead the government just prints the money. Although it takes time to notice, this inflates the dollar making everyone less wealthy. We are getting loans from China and Japan and once they recall these loans the problem will be even worse b/c the government will just print more money. Let's just hope this is good enough for China and Japan and since the dollar will hardly be worth anything they don't get mad and threaten physical action ... So the question is WHEN will the dollar collapse?

0-10 years?
    11-20 years?
    21-50 years?
    51-100 years?
    100-250 years?

When?

My guess is 51-100 years. Probably around the same time I'm about to die ... I hope i die before b/c I don't want to be poor living on the streets!

2. haha..
    ure kidding ...
    right?

dude, america dollar has no value, say good bye to america dollar in next couple years...
    feds and bush killed it..

3. yeah, I'm feeling in the next few years our dollar will be gone. maybe they will introduce another form of currancy, maybe not. we can only wait and see.

4. goodbye USD PESO CAD hello AMERO:hello:

5. #5 wackdeafboy, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
    maybe.. we dont know yet..

bush wants american union... very bad idea!!
    he probley will anger alot of americans people...

6. this winter by the beginning of 2009.

7. #7 Perpetual Burn, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
    The whole world plays with monopoly money.

Can the whole world fall?

The dollar will be fine for a while because we say so. Good thing we're best good friends with our only challengers. Whether or not the warlords will get along is for time to tell.

Don't forget get technology is exponential.

8. We're already our own best friends thanks to our DNA.

9. #9 wackdeafboy, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008

but our money is back up to nothing
    so it just piece of paper...

when u cheat the system, there are ways to fix it, but once u cheat too much like past 100 years... the whole system will fail... like right now, the economy is continue to fail...to dead end.. there might be great depression in the whole world, u gotta relized money does not fix problems.. u have to let work itself out.. NO gov take over the market, if it does, it will create problems. and their business rules was good, it was soo fluid... till the currupted gov got too greedy and cheat the system..

10. Just about every central bank in the world operates a fiat paper currency system... all money is paper, just an idea... whatever people will work for. People aren't going to stop working and they're not going to stop wanting to enjoy the fruits of their labor... which is the strength of the whole charade; excess.

And the Western bankers aren't giving up control any time soon. With the proper application of technological advancements and mutually beneficial foreign policies, we can level the playing field on a global scale and give birth to a system of continental currencies uniting humanity into one global community for the advancement of our whole species...

or we can all kill each other. What would you work for if you ruled the world?

11. lol my ass there wasn't.

civil war + many others.

12. what exactly do you mean by cheating the system? the only cheating is by printing more money which creates more debt.
    this was completely innevitable, cannot be fixed, and was certainy foreseen and in my opinion accelerated.

13. #13 Zylark, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    The dollar is currently the lubricant in international business. However, as the current crisis show, that lubricant is not without its detrimental effects on not just finance, but also more generally as a symbol of value and not least how endorsing by buying them or US treasury bonds makes one implicit in US foreign adventures.

So, a lot of of the world is right now minimising their dollar exposure, and try as cautious as possible as to not create a panic, to disinvest in dollar denominated assets. In other words, the move away from dollars as fiat currency is already happening.

How long until complete, and another system put in place? Who knows. A more rigid alternative need to be set up before one dismantle the old deregulated one. And also one need a period of transition once a solution is internationally agreed upon or emerge by necessity.

Total collapse could speed the process, but that is not something anyone want to see, so I'm guessing we'll see a more diversified international currency paradigm within the next US presidential period. Less than five years.

Better buckle up, it'll be exciting :)

14. #14 wackdeafboy, Oct 19, 2008

the gov broke every rule of capitalism...
    they assulted the business, make them to built roads, built whatever what the gov wants..
    gov should never invade in business marketing,
    the bail-out plan to save the market was a lie, it was a plan to move to another/new currency..
    police and military shall not harm the citizens, there are there to protect the people. our gov pass a martial law where police, military will invade your home and take u to camps, if u refuse, u'll be attack by them.

i belive that capitalism is failing,
    people will no longer want dicatorship
    and relizing capitalism is slavery

15. #15 Zylark, Oct 19, 2008
    I don't really see why you quote me when you address nothing of what I say?! You just ramble along incoherently. How about making a well reasoned argument instead of just throwing out preconceptions and paranoia?

Your "examples" are not examples, they are statements of your opinion. An opinion you haven't bothered argumenting for, but think is self-evident.

They're not self evident, so you better cough up the reasoning for your statements. If for no other reason than then perhaps we can understand why you think as you do.

16. opps.. i thought i quoted something else...
    FIXED

17. What's wrong with opinion on a message board? In my opinion, nothing. This is not a debate club.

Although I did notice Liquidtruth started one. Want to ask everyone for their spiritual reasoning as well?

EDIT: Hopefully I addressed something you said in your opinion.

18. to OP, the problem with that reasoning is it doesnt account for how heavily China's and other countries' economies depend on ours...if China were to call in our debt (along with other countries), they would see themselves collapse in the process...it is in their best interest to not call in that debt

once our government gets its act together and starts either regulating the Fed or dispersing the Fed into 10 or 12 sub-banks of different ownership so that a checks/balances idea can be used, we are going to be headed for rough times and a bunch more business cycles

so my answer is that I don't think it will ever collapse, but I do think we will be straying away from our current system...our debt to other countries is a double-edged sword

Now if the Fed calls in all the debt of the american people....then that's going to be an extremely rough time...

19. #20 Perpetual Burn, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008

Do you not find it at all ironic to say the Dollar is a fiat currency and derugulated at the same time? This is impossible.

Government Intervention into US Economy

You are not now under the impression that there are plans at hand in this world?

Remember that time you told me the world "do not work" according to plans? That was funny. As if this "financial collapse" just happened to result in a $2 trillion bail out plan. Just as the Panic of 1907 just happened to result in the formation of the FED and the Great Depression just happened to result in the New Deal... major coincidences are afoot. ;)

National debt = international insurance

The Federal Reserve System is already divided up into 12 banks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve#Federal_Reserve_Banks

The FED is already calling in their debt... it's called taxes. And they will collect every Dollar they "loaned" us.