when will it sex

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by stevie59, Jul 4, 2008.

1. ok i have 8 plants all about 2-3 feet high and they are 2 months old they have about 4-5 sets of leaves and they still havent sex'd yet:( anyone have a idea of when they will?

2. what is the light you are using and the light schedule... they won't show sex until 1-3 weeks into flowering...

3. they are all outdoors

4. July 20th

5. lmao good one man .

6. I'm not sure why its july 20th but I read somewhere on these forums that you should see sex assuming they were planted early-mid april by then. I have July 20th marked on my phone calender...seems right because it wasn't to long ago that the daylight hours started to change again. But then again I know very little about this type of thing.

7. My plants always show sex in 24-0 after about a month and a half but theyre indoor idk if outdoor is any different.

8. ha i hope the 20th! im tired of waiting and i wanna see all my girls come up (fingers crossed)

9. Procedure for Sexing Outdoor Plants......(Excerpt from the book "Marijuana Growing" by Mel Frank).....Chapter 17: page 274

Outdoor growers can take advantage of the results of a 40 year old experiment to discover with certainty, the sex of each plant.This experiment found that the flowering hormone that induces marijuana to flower is locally produced, that is,each part of the plant produces the hormone (phytochrome), and the hormone is not translocated (transferred or moved) throughout the plant.
    Once decent size branches have developed,cover a lower branch on each plant with an opaque or light tight paper bag or sleeve (not plastic because the plant must breathe). A double layer of black construction paper or a cardboard mailing tube are two possibilities.Close the end at the branch tip, BUT LEAVE A SMALL OPENING of the paper sleeve at the other end. After about 10 to 14 days you should see flowers developing on the covered branch. The rest of the plant continues to grow normally, with no slowing of overall growth. This procedure works best for outdoor growers because the plants have a longer life, and branching is better outdoors than indoors.................

Hope this helps.......Peace

10. Depends where you live. When you start getting near 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness in a day. I live in Ontario CAN, and mine usually start showing sex around mid July.

11. Best Bud and knoxis, with respect both your responses are nonsense.

Click on my link on sexing below.

12. this place is full of stupid amateurs that know nothing, except where to buy an 1/8th.
    In most of the US, the flowering will begin in mid-August, right about August 15th. Someplaces a little earlier. To verify that, just go backwards in this forum and look at the posts from last year at that time.

13. alright thanks guys!