When will I start seeing signs of gender?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newfarmer_43, May 4, 2006.

1. I am 46 days into my first grow. I switched to 12/12 after 30 days of 18/6(I know thats early but trying to keep them small). I was using 2-24" fluros yesterday I added 2 more to make it 4. I've been flowering for 16 days now and are about 16" tall but, I still cant see any evidence of gender. Can some one tell me when I can expect to see some signs? thanks:smoke:

2. Hard to say since you started flower early, but could be any day now, keep a'watchin...

3. yeah, I'm with Toasty. You started a bit early, so things will be off the normal schedule - whatever "normal" is.

You will typically see male flowers 1-2 weeks in and female flowers 1.5 or 2 weeks to 3 weeks. Depends on the strain and growing conditions. You mileage may vary.

4. 16 days of 12/12 and no signs of sex yet? Is the plants dark period 100% pitch black dark? Maybe it is a strain thing or you prunned right before going to 12/12 or something. Make sure they are totally dark at night.

5. Often you cannot force flower a plant. Most MJ plants MUST preflower before you can flower them out. If you are 12/12ing your plant before it preflowers you are just slowing down how long it will take to preflower. Put your lights back up to 18/6 untill your plants show their sex. That is why cloning is so good, because you can take the already preflowered cuttings and place them right into 12/12. My experience has shown me this is strain dependant. Indicas will show quicker than sativas. But my guess would be it takes normally about 1 to 1 1/2 months.

6. thanks for the info guys!!!:smoking: