When will I know???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crocodile, Apr 6, 2002.

1. When will I know when it's time to put the plants on the 12 on 12 off cycle, to start the flowering? Right now they only be about 7-8 inches tall the other one about 6-7 inches? I forgot to turn the lights off after 18 hours yesterday so i'm going to keep them on for 24 is this alright? Why does it seem like they go through growth spurts they grow and then stop. Is this normal or am I just stoned because I look at them EVERDAY!! Maybe I put them in too big of a pot to start off with??? Or is bigger better? thx hope to hear somethin soon thx Crocodile . Did I ofend someone??? Why can't I get a reply to my posts????:(

2. Sorry real busy and hard to answer everyday.

Keep them on 18/6 cycle until you have at least 6 or 7 sets of leaves, when that many are FULLY developed you may either top the plant and remain on 18/6 for a little longer or you may choose to flower by cutting the lights back to 12/12.

No matter what your girlfriend tells you bigger is always better, even when it comes for pots for pot. LOL

P.S. if you ever feel that you don't get the response you want feel free to PM.

3. Another tip....when from seed...never flower,, unless branches leaving mainstem are no longer "opposite" and are in the "alternate" stage.

[​IMG]

4. please explain this a little more m8, as mine are at around 8 inches each and i would like to go into flowering as they are 8 weeks under 400hps and i need a smoke ;)

5. Thx for the tip's BPP and NdicaBud I will put them to great use.

6. Sure.....when the seedlings grow you will notice that the branches grow "opposite" each other on the mainstem,,when the seedling officially enters the vegetative stage,,,the branches will no longer grow opposite each other,,they will grow "alternate"each other on the mainstem.When this happens the root system is capable of supporting the flowering stage.

At 8weeks you are probably ready....peace

[​IMG]

7. cheers m8 cleared up a lot with that :)