When was the last time you floored it, and how fast did you go?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by BP to the DP, Nov 1, 2012.

1. The last time i did was a few months ago getting on the highway, accelerated from 35 to 85. I baby my car and almost never floor it. Discuss.

2. #2 9D3, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    When I had a driveable vehicle, every day. I wouldn't floor it everywhere (I would've gone broke from the cost of gas), but I'd be sure to do it at least once a day. A "big" V8 at "high" RPMs is a beautiful sound :)

Not too sure how fast I went the most recent time flooring it (probably just something like 80-90 km/h), but a few times I'd take it up to 160-180 and let off at that point because it was a terrifying vehicle at those speeds :p (Grand Cherokee with loose steering and pretty shot suspension)

3. 130 last time I really floored it

4. Nice what kind of car? I drive a Buick with a series 2 3800, it has a nice sound at low rpms so up to about 3k rpm i can pretend its a chevy small block, after that it sounds like a v6 haha

5. 2001 Audi TT haven't maxed it out after the rebuild yet. Still being gentle with it and fine tuning. I have a large port high flow head that'll be here Tuesday. So it'll be a year down weekend and should have it bak together and running in a few days.

6. I usually drive pretty hard because i dont like to drive too long so flooring it is something i do often just to get to 60 or what ever. but truely flooring it just for the fun of it:

about one month ago in my car 30-95mph. honda accord 2008. the straight 4 version

a bit more than 3 months ago in my truck 0-100mph. 2000 chevy k3500 454 big block with mods.

7. Sounds like a sexy truck Jumbo!

8. 2 yrs ago was the 3rd time i ever was behind the wheel got it to 105 before my friend and her bf realised got totaly pissed an told me to slow the fuck down.....needless to say never got to drive her truck again lmao

my homie went like 115 about 2 months back that was pretty intense baked off our asses:smoking:

9. I'm bad, I break 100mph on a regular basis, but I get to rip some pretty nutty shit in my profession :)

10. IDK, but on my 21st birthday, my friend got us up to 160mph in his GTO. On 75, very close to downtown Dallas lol.

11. I'm a good driver as far as avoiding that.
    Last time was in my old c10 (not mine anymore, traded it) with a blown ethanol 427 big block at the track. If I remember right it was right at 9.1 seconds at 152 MPH.
    I got it on a decently long straight a way once, just for shits and gigs, and clocked it at 180 before that corner looked a bit too close... Hah.

12. This morning... I floor it until i get to the speed limit. There's a limit on how fast i can go, but not one on how fast i get there.

13. which is what if you dont mind me asking?

14. I'll hit 100 on a weekly basis.

Double edge sword when you have a turbo car and a bike

Fun as shit but filling them up and insurance also sucks.

15. Few weeks ago, empty highway, 205 km/h

16. 160 in a 1988 GMC Sonoma. Old beater of a truck but it was fun.

17. well its not the last time but i thaught i would share anyways. i was test driving my truck before i baught it and got her to 110. its a 2005 gmc sierra sitting on some nice 22's. the sales man was holding on to the o shit handel in the truck and reaching for his seatbelt at the same time. his response was " YOU SURE DO KNOW HOW TO TEST DRIVE A TRUCK! NOW LETS HEAD BACK TO THE DEALER DOING THE SPEED LIMIT". when we got back to the dealer that shit spread quickly even the head salesman was talking about me. just thaught you guys would like this one

18. Ain't nothin, my man, although pretty funny.
    Haha, my uncle is the manager for a chevy dealership and the month the ZR1 came in, he called me up and was like "Let's go test drive it, yeah?"
    Fuck yeah, haha. He drove it for a while on the interstate got it up to 175. Then I drove it and got it up to 140 and passed a Porsche 911 turbo up, so he floors it and I'm racing a Porsche down the interstate in a dealer car that didn't even have a license plate that we pulled off the showroom, hahaha. Did the same thing when they got a Camaro SLP ZL575.

19. In my current vehicle, a whole whopping 90 :p Four cylinder pickup, not exactly built for speed. Good little truck, but I sure do miss my 300zx sometimes....

20. Usually a few times a week.. I sit in so much traffic to and from work, that when I have enough room to open it up, I almost redline every gear lol