Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

When topping....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bradraz, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I topped my plants about 2 weeks ago, The part of the plant i cut off did not grow back, however a few new branches came about. Did i top it correctly?

2. 2 new cola's should take the middle one's place, from either side of the old one

3. I topped my plant a while ago, got good results from it, got any pics of the new growth?

4. Yes. What u did was cut off the one main cola...now u will have two main colas. Topping is the only way to go, especially if u have limited grow space. Keep topping, bro!

5. Ok, im going to take a picture, be back in 10

6. [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Ok there she is. Should i top the 2 top colas now? The one i cut before is ontop of my index finger.
    EDIT: also i dont want the plant to get to high, i would pref a bushier plant.

7. Seems like you topped the plant correctly to me, thats what mine looked like right after the new growth came in, I\tleft mine with 2 tops and didnt create anymore, but its all a matter of preference on how you want the plant to grow, if youd prefer a bush, maybe top again and see if you can get 4 colas.

Also, I see your doing it outdoors, if the height of the plant is a security issue, you should be careful.

8. Yeah im going to top it again. The plant height is a issue because if it gets like 6 inches taller, then you would be able to see it walking to my front door which is a issue. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated:)

9. [quote name='"bradraz"']Yeah im going to top it again. The plant height is a issue because if it gets like 6 inches taller, then you would be able to see it walking to my front door which is a issue. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated:)[/quote]

Yeah that would be an issue, id say top again and if at all possible,try and find some plants you can plant nearby to camoflauge your little green friend :)

im just curious but, what strain are you growing?

10. I got plants planted around the pot plants. They are pretty well camoflauged now but i know that some plants can grow up to like 8 feet, and if i had a 8 foot pot plant that would be a problem. And idk what strain it is, i got 2 clones from my uncle and he just got the seeds from a friend.

11. Ah, well im growing a clone right now, thats the one I topped. After I topped it she had a crazy growth spurt, I topped her when she was 7 inches tall, now shes about 40 and thess two tops are massive. Im doin it indoor though so size isnt restricting me as much.