When to use Molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kashkr0p, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Just a quick question. I herd molasses is fine to use during veg but how much? Im worried of lock out. I currently use Big Bloom and Grow Big so should i add the mollasses into the routine maybe nuets water molasses nuets water ect. Or mix the mollasses in with the nuets or even maybe use mollases twice a month untill flowering?
    Thanks for help in advance!!

Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Thanks alot quick help

3. I used molasses in the water of my final flush before harvest and ill swear by it.

4. I used molassas every other watering. First watering with nutes. The next watering with molassas. I can't say that it did much good though. 

5. I use 1tbsp per gallon every plain watering in veg and bloom. I also use it when making my teas for feeding, it is great for feeding the microbes in the soil. 

6. Have not used any but theres people out theie that swear by it . It feeds sugars to the microbes that are working on your roots.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I have used it many times and not used it even more times. I can safely say it made no difference at all in any of my tests

Consecutive or side by side grows with the same strain?  Did you use chem' nutes?

9. all
    all of the above

I'm not telling anyone not to do it, I don't think it does any harm, but I don't think it does any good either

10. I would expect it to be more effective in organic soil grows.  The nutrients available in the molasses can only be made so by microbial action.  I've been reading a lot lately about using molasses as an amendment.  I'm thinking of trying it out my next grow.  That's why I asked about the chem' nutes.

11. try it out yourself, that's the best way, but I wouldn't get your hopes up

Yeah.  I'll be giving it a shot next grow.  At least it's well established that it's not detrimental when applied @ 1-2T/gallon.  Time will tell.

13. Is the tea used to help soil or for the plant

14. Also what are thoughts of misting your plants with molasses water before lights out??

15. I would never spray molasses on the leaves, just inviting plants to come eat my leaves. The tea is for the plant, but the molasses in the tea is to feed the microbes in the tea and in the soil.

16. You can use molasses, dextrose, honey, brown sugar etc etc.

While the above posts all mention feeding microbes in the soil, youre forgetting the plant also uses and stores sugars.

17. Should i lay easy wit the molasses untill flowering? Maybe twice a month? Or every watering fine? I just dont wanna cause a nutrient lock out. Anyone use this ever watering and come across this problem?

18. As long as you are pH adjusting your water after adding, you shouldn't worry about locking it out. Keep it to 1tbsp per gallon and you can give with every watering from veg all the way through flowering.