When to transplant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PeeDee420, Feb 12, 2009.

1. I have my girls in 1 gal buckets right now. How long should I let them go before transplanting them into 3 gallon pots? Any advice?:smoking:

2. I start my seeds in 1 gallon pots. As soon as they show preflowers the girls go into 50 litre or bigger pots. The guys go on the compost heap.

3. A very general rule of thumb is 1 gallon of planter for every month the plant is alive, or every vertical foot above the soil-line. Now this is just a guideline as different strains, soil mixtures, nutrient mixtures, etc. will all produce different results. Turn the planter over. Are the roots trying to come out of the drainage holes? Maybe time to transplant.

4. Thanks for the input guys. I will check the drain holes to see if I can see any roots. If I can't I guess I will just wait till about day 30 of veg before I transplant. Or if I decide I want to start flowering before day 30, I will transplant before switching the lighting.