When to transplant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cmp007, Oct 18, 2018.

1. I have 2 growing in solo cups and about ten in some small 2x2 planters. 1 of the cups is moving along well (sprouted about 10 days ago) and the other hasn't made much progress yet and the ones in the small planter just popped up today. How big should they be before I transplant to a bigger container?

2. #2 Watog, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    From an article: It is best to keep your cannabis plants in pots varying between 1.5 – 3 gallons, 3 gallons being the norm (1 gallon is 3.8 liters). If you have a lot of room in your grow space then you may even want to consider 5 gallon pots. ( but from my understanding a 5 gallon pot will be the best way to go).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I transplant from the solo cup at 2 weeks old. Without a pic showing the size of your plant, it's hard to help. Good luck.

4. Here's all the ones that just started sprouting in the small planter and the one in the cup. The one in the cup sprouted about 12 days ago

Attached Files:

5. When the plant is wider than the pot, its time to think about transplanting. In other words, when the tips of the leaves have reached out past the rim of the pot

• Like Like x 1