When to Transplant?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Deeezy3, May 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. My plants are 16 days old from a live seed. I have them in a starter pot. Just knowing how much longer I should wait to transplant, my containers are hard to see roots so I just need to know a relative size .

Attached Files:

2. I don't know how much like you are giving them, but at this stage, they will start growing really thin and tall if it's not enough. Mine are 4 weeks old and are still in the same pot. I'm repotting them next week.

3. They’re getting 18-24 hours of light everyday. The stem that has emerged from that is much thicker.

4. Long as they aren't stretching you should be good.

5. Appreciate it. So what you think maybe another 2 weeks before transplanting? I was going to put them in 3 gallon pots then again to 5.

6. I want them to grow healthy and strong like most other people. At first, I wanted to start them in small pots and bump them up when they needed it. I've already transplanted them once and it was terrible. I didn't kill any, but you have to be super careful or at least that's how I feel. Plus It could shock them. After this grow I'm starting in 5 gallon cloth pots. I suggest going straight to 5 gallon or whatever your last size is. Just way less trouble. It's easier to overwater in larger pots but just be mindful of that. Obviously, the larger pots will also take up a lot of space. It would have been no way for me to do that with this grow.

7. I hear you, i always try to look at the pros and cons of things. Doing my research it’s just easier to control watering and heard they grow much quicker then when started in bigger pots. But then again the cons like you said transplanting, shock, and having to be careful. This is my first grow so I wanted to try and be as controlling as I could I guess you could say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. no matter the container size, they need trans-planted when they need watered every day or two when using the flood to drought watering method.

they will look like an improper fraction also, the plant will look bigger then the pot!