When to transplant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cheeba the Hutt, May 28, 2016.

1. Well folks my first grow is going pretty well! Right now I have them all in red solo cups, but 7 of them, that were planted a week or so before the others, are growing over the edge of the cup. I don't see any roots poking through the holes yet but they are close, I can see them.
    Should I transplant now? Or can they wait until the others catch up in growth and plant all together?

I will be planting them out side in 5 gallon buckets. My second question is, should I go larger than 5 gallons?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'd wait til the soil was dried out and then transplant, yeah man. Looks good. It's up to you. How much time you think til the others catch up? Idk i'd go ahead and transplant into YUGE containers.

All you really need is one plant..lol. 10lb. monsters.

Go big or go home I guess!

Peace.

3. Inspiration.

4. I give mine about two weeks in the solo cups. The roots will try to be as wide as the leaves so if the leaves are over the edge the roots should be wrapping.

5. I started in small cups and containers. The less transplanting the better.

6. I've really gotten into fabric pots. I've got two girls in 5 gallon fabric and one in hydro. Hydro is steadily behind but it's catching up now.

7. Thanks for the advice guys! The older ones have been in solo cups now for just over 2 weeks now so I will transplant tonight. I'm looking into 20 gallon buckets, so I may have to do one more transplant later on from the 5 gallons ( not what I wanted to do, but I'm only prepared for a 5 galling transfer right now).

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1