When to transplant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Xcuz, Mar 2, 2013.

1. This season I plan on growing 2x Fem Auto Mazar and I'll be starting the seedling indoors. If I put the germinated seed in a solo cup under a 16w CFL when should I transplant it outdoors?

2. Anyone?

3. I wait a month or so after the sprout comes up. Depending on root growth there is no need to transplant till the container is to small for roots to expand. Roots grow more outwards vs down. I do 3 stages of transplanting. 1st is the seed into the medium I choose after it germinates in a paper towel 3-4 days. 2nd is a 1g container with 1/2 new soil and 1/2 used so the roots don't burn. 3rd is the final container or the ground depending on where it goes with all new soil.. On the 1st stage I move to the sun during the day so it will be acclimated already when outside 24/7 but support the stock since wind will knock it over. . I do move back into the Photo tron I have at night and since the containers are small I can fit 5-8 in them depending on the size. Light is 24 hrs till it goes outside in mayish to Jun. then nature takes over.. :smoking:
    Good luck and take care..

4. The problem with that is I'm growing AutoMazar which is a autoflowering/ruderalis strain so my whole grow window is little over 2 months and only about 2 weeks in vegetative. I don't have enough indoor space to grow it that long. Would it be okay if I transplanted after the first set of true leaves?

5. For outdoor strain most breeders advise to plant in final pots.Probably this is more suitable for indoor plants,since u are going to plant outdoor u can germinate the seeds in cups weit for second leafs and transplant.U don't want to deal with withering or or light burn.

6. I don't have enough indoor grow space to wait for 2 sets of leaves.

7. I only have about a square foot of space indoors to grow. So, I'll have to transplant pretty soon after germination. How big could it get in the small solo cup about 3/4 full of soil?

8. How many plants are u doing?In a square foot u can put around 25 cups.Second leafs will appear after 1 week just put them under sun.First 2 days no more 2 hours sun dialy.Anyway u can keep them mutch more time in the cups,don't worry.Planting outdoor directly there is a risk to lose some of the seedlings.

9. I'm only doing 1-2 plants. If I did transplant after 1 week could I put the cups outdoors in a shaded area with only about 2-4 hours of direct sunlight daily, then after about 4 days move it into an area with full sunlight?

10. Dude I can't understand u!What meen don't have enaught indoor space to weit for second set leafe?How mutch space u think is need.This is the plant 3-4 days old.

11. Told u first 2 days after sprout only 2 hours daily sunlight or CFL,after that increase the hours with direct light.After 1 week plants will be ready to transplant in final place under full sun light.