When to transplant from party cups?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Adalius, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Following the advice of a lot of guys on here, I started my plants in party cups. What is a good measure for when I should transplant them into a bigger pots?

2. a few week's into veg..i go 2-3 week's from seed, by then there starting to fill those cup's with root's pretty good...or until you see growth slow down alot...this is the first sign of rootbound..it's good to let it get this way just a little, that way it really explodes with an awesome root system after transplant.. but timing is everything for perfection..(right before growth slows or right when you notice it)
    if you transplant in small stages, slowly increasing pot size over time(instead of going from cup to 2 gallon or better...) it will allow you to grow a much bigger bush in a much smaller pot..
    only time i do a large transplant, say 1 gal or 1.5's to 3's and 5 gallon's...is when i go to flower, let them root's fly! get huge bud's this way....

3. Love this advice...I've been researching transplanting all day long, and this is how I am going to do it. :smoke:

4. nice i totally agree!
    I am about to transplant n a week and then veg for three more weeks and then clone