When to transplant clones to vegging

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bxzilla, Jun 15, 2009.

1. I've read that clones need to get about 80%-90% humidity,
    so As soon as i take my cuttings from my mother plants,
    put my clones in a dome under florescent lights for 18 hours

how long do i have to leave it in the dome to transplant them into regular vegetation under a metal halide bulb? (or what do i have to look for)

i heard clones are extremly sensitive the H.I.D. lights

2. wait til they show healthy roots, fan leaves etc.... side note mine went into veg at 15 days but those were mine to each their own.....

3. they are going to need to stay in the dome longer than 18hours. high humidity is absolutely essential for roots to develop. homeboy that taught me how to clone always told me to pick a day that i wasn't working because they were going to require you're attention about every 4hours. after you're clones have rooted you can transplant them into your medium of choice and throw them under you're MH set-up. at first i would keep them a good distance under the light as you can adjust accordingly after they show more signs of growth.

if all goes well it could take anywhere from 3-6 days for roots to show up. so keep all cuttings in the dome and under fluorescents until then. pick up some pure water/ RO water and give them a foliar spray about every 4hours, also lightly mist (modestly) the inside of you're dome to keep humidity levels up. also from lots of experience w/successfully rooted clones, try to limit yourself about how many times you pick them up and check them for roots. if you have trouble getting the cuttings to root, pick up a product from botanicare called advanced cloning solution/power cloning solution. i would go look at the bottle to give you the correct name but my 12/12's on dark right meow.

best of luck

4. Its my first grow and i'm hesitant to give my plants alot of nuts...I've read a lot of overfeeding horror stories....but i' will have my eye one the cloning solution.

i have purchased a dome that's 7 inches tall............
    When about to cut, how tall should a clone be?

and besides good looking roots, what can you suggest thats a good height(inches) to take my clones out the dome then under 1000w metal halide for vegging