When to to start feeding nutes and change lighting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gasconade, May 31, 2018.

1. Hey guys!

So I have eventually gathered the correct technique for germinating seeds!
    As you can see below my big bang seen that i was testing has recently sprouted out of the ground.
    It's round leaved are showing nicely, its first set of true leaves are just starting to pop through the center.
    I am currently using a 65 watt CFL with tempreatures between 25.5 to 26 degrees celsius and humidity between 55% to 60%.

My questions:

1) When to switch over to my 600 watt HPS light can be dimmed to 240 watts and 400 watts?

2) When to start feeding nutes? I am using bio nova nutes advanced package.

thank you :)

Attached Files:

2. she definetly does not need nutes. your soil is so rich still, you won't need nutes for atleast 2-3 weeks if you have decent soil.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey man,

I am growing in Coco/perilite mix there are no nutes in the medium

4. ohh okay. yeah i have no experience with coco, not my place to answer your question

• Like Like x 1
  5. You need to start feeding soon as they emerge....It's best with a soilless mix to PRE-WET with a weak nutrient....200ppms is a typical safe level...Now that they are up, mix up about a 300ppm of BLOOM formula...when they are seedling, the Phosphorus is great for root production and higher nitrogen is not necessary yet....Make sure you let the medium get almost dry btwn watering....Not sure your Coco to Perlite ratio, but regardless of that, you still need to let mediums dry out btwn watering....NOT BONE DRY, but down to damp is when they are ready to water again.....that mixing rate will get you thru a cpl weeks...Most of the plants growth will be in the root systems anyways to get going....They will have a cpl sets of leaves and going on 3 nodes before you switch to a GROW formula....At that point, it can be upped to 400ppms too...THEN, they will start a rapid veg stage, and increases in nutes are made gradually according to size and growth rate.....Be patient, don't push them, and let them do their thing....And have fun with it!!!!....YT

• Like Like x 1
  6. I am using a 6 part nutrient system with Bio nova and bloombastic for later stages.
    So to add 200ppm of each nute per liter of water?

7. from seed, there's two weeks of nutrients in the seed. i wouldn't add nutes for about a week in coco.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alright thanks bud! shall I go half strength or full?

9. Here is a picture of my seedling. Any thoughts if it needs support or to bring the light closer?

11. go half at first week and if all is well bump up to 3/4 for a week then full

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks man appreciate it

13. i always put less in at first cause its easier to add it than take it out.

• Like Like x 1