When to time harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by keatann, May 22, 2004.

1. If my plant takes 60 days to ripen when do I start the timing? Is it when I put it on 12/12 or when the first female flowers appear? I'm asking because sometimes it takes about 2 weeks to determine the sex. If I put it on 12/12 May 1 then 60 days is about June 30. If I count when sex is determined then harvest will be middle of July. Which date is used? I know I should be checking the trichomes (which I do) but am curious about this.

2. 60 days from turning to 12 /12.

3. I've contemplated and debated this question a great number of times, with myself, others, or even the GC forums. When attempting to answer this question, you must look at it from the most literal of standpoints:

Flowering begins when flowers (sex) show.

The fact that this question gets asked over and over puzzles me, as it seems quite simple from that point of view. Once viewed this way, the question is irrefutable, as it just wouldn't make sense any other way. At least, that's how I see it.

~Lycanthropy

4. HIGH All, we go from when we start 12/12...and when time to harvest after 8wks our Trics are amber and the hairs are 60% spent.