When to switch to blooming nutrients?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dope_killa530, Aug 14, 2018.

1. I had a quick question for you guys I'm in northern California and this is my very first outdoor grow as I stated in the past post I was curious on when to transition to blooming nutrients I'm using GH flora series and I'm currently still on aggressive veg but I waa wondering if I can start using the transition to bloom feeding yet or wait till the 21st? It also has a blooming and ripening feeding that I'm confused when to start using if anybody has any advice id greatly appreciate it :D

2. When you notice your plant starting to stretch.
    That is the beginning of flower.

3. Just curious, what is happening on the 21st?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Idk either this is my first grow but my neighbor that's been growing for years told me to wait till the 21st I'm not sure why my plants are currently stretching right now and I got flower sites every where more on certain strains then others tho

5. Growing outdoors, it's kinda hard to follow an actual schedule. If you've got puff balls all over your plant I'd say you're past transition stage. If you can definitely see all flower sites, your stretch is about done. You're about 21 days into flower.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I see puff balls on all my cherry pies I'm barely starting to get flower sites on the pre bubba 98s and I got little hairs all over my super glues just not puff balls those might be still in strech so should I switch to transition to bloom feed or blooming and ripening?

7. I dont do transition nutes. Just flower and a little bloom booster early. Ripener a couple times in late flower.
    I'm using Tappin Roots Essential Grow, Tappin Roots Solid Bloom, Earth Juice HiBrix and Dr Earth Bloom Booster.
    Also some Raw Kelp for silica.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Okay I'll make the switch tomorrow to flower nutes do you recommend full dosing right away or half dose? And when should I add in my bloom booster I got bud candy by AN

9. I dont use AN products. I had to look up the application chart. Then I looked up its ingredients. Good stuff. Bud Candy is about the same as my HiBrix. Their chart says to use throughout flower.
    If you're using their Grow Micro Bloom you're supposed to only be mixing in 2ml per gallon. I dont know if this applies to growing in soil. Soiless mediums get fed every time. I only feed mine (in soil) once a week. The HiBrix goes in once a month at 10ml per gallon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm not using there bloom I'm using the GH flora series and I bought bud candy separate to add I seen good reviews on it it's betwwwn that and tigers bloom not really sure witch one to go with? I also feed once a week

11. Tiger Bloom and Bud Candy are different products. Tiger Bloom is a flower fertilizer. Bud Candy is for added weight and density. Also sweetens and helps with trichome production.

12. So would I be able to run both ?

13. Yes both, unless you are already using Flora Bloom. Tiger Bloom is the same thing as Flora Bloom. You dont want to run both Tiger Bloom and Flora Bloom at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yea I'm using flora grow,micro,and bloom as I am following there feeding schedule so I wouldn't need a bloom booster ? I can just add bud candy?

15. Bloom boosters help the flowers get started. I use Dr Earth Flower Girl once when I see they've started to stretch.
    I dont like over fertilizing. I keep my stuff to a minimum. 1534260566441675771249193506102.jpg

16. Personally, growing indoors, I transition to my flower nutrient % when the stretch is done. Similarly, I switch my HID lights to HPS from MH at the same time. I had experienced ...and read it here all the time... problems (N, Mg, and Ca definciencies) at that same point. Extending when I switched erased those issues with me and seemingly got my plants to a better flower start.