when to switch my fem to flower when growing alongside autos

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iamjcaesar, Nov 22, 2020.

1. this is my first grow ever and am wondering when should i switch my fem (jack herer bottom middle 3g pot end of wk 3) to flower..all the others are autos at the start of week 3 and I want them flowering around the same time. scared I'm going to flower fem too early and my autos will lose out on light considering the 12/12 the fem has to be in.

autos are bruce banner, gsc extreme, gorilla glue... 20201122_073727~2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. So what is ur plan? To flip and give the autos only 12 hours or less? How many photos and how many autos are in there? Hell I would just take the photos outside to flower. Unless its a bad weather place

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. all the plants are autos except for that one jack herer. my plan was to switch the light cycle at the first signs of the autos flowering. but idk if my autos will suffer from the schedule considering they need more time under light due to how fast they flower supposed to flower.

4. you shouldnt really grow autos with regular fem seed ,,cuz really the autos want all the light you can give them ..growers give autos 24 hours light a day are at least 18-20 hours /they will flower under 12/12 but their yeild with be right down to what you would get under say 20 hour light .mac

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Hey Mr Mac!! How u doing?

• Like Like x 1
  6. right that's what i thought at first i didn't think it was going to be a problem now I see lol smh right now my schedule is 20/4 and I have nowhere to put the fem. the weather conditions would kill it because it's cold. so what are my options ? I don't want my autos to suffer because all of them except for the jack are autos. I may be stuck unless i try to flower when all the autos are finished and hopefully it doesn't interfere with the autos flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well u could keep vegging until auto is done. I do this all the time. Hell I flower autos outside and get just as big buds in 10 hours of sun than 20 hours of lights. If u had a few photos u could pull them out for 8 hours on a 20 hour light schedule

• Like Like x 2
  8. So just one fem? Put her in front and take her out for 8 hours a day. Or get a dark bag and put over her for 8 hours. Has to be completely dark

• Like Like x 1
  9. Or just keep vegging photo till auto is done that flower it after? Or she could be a mother plant for u to make clones for next run?

• Like Like x 1
  10. appreciate all the advice. yeah I'm just going to keep vegging until the autos are done and then flower after. that way both my jack and the autos thrive.... appreciate it

• Like Like x 2
  11. next time grow just one big plant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm always around and I've tried everything once I think I'm sure brass tried everything hunderd times

13. I'm going to try that after i harvest these. my next grow space will be dedicated to one plant to i can practice training them

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I find I get more bud with one plant. I take care of it better and fill up the canopy really nice. It takes longer for veg (with regs) but I can fill a 4x4 screen now and tweak bud height etc. maybe check out me ole scrog thread to get an idea what I'm talking about.
    And also, autos can get really big too, especially with hydro.
    and make sure listen to mac n' papa, those cool cats know what they are talkng

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hey T!!! Hope all is well bro! Happy Thanksgiving

• Like Like x 2
  16. hi Papa doing ok mate ,hope you are too mate ,,just waiting for my sweet seeds tropicanna poison fast version to finish should take 6 weeks ,but reckon till take another week or so with my small light ,,looking tasty not its getting red calyxes so it'l look pretty if nothing else lol....mac,

• Like Like x 2